Page 529 of 2488 FirstFirst ... 2942947951952752852953053153957962910291529 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,290 of 24878

Thread: Politics

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    You mean the Republicans will hire DNC advisers to teach them how to run a party?
    acket.

Crap thing is, I don't see a huge difference in how the parties are run. They're both shitty. The difference is that the DNC's more common-sense oriented platform makes their operation seem less shady and less anti-citizen than the GOP's us vs. them platform. When Hillary says "Look, I took all this money but it didn't hurt you" that might be defensible and nobody is upset when someone makes some innocent cash. When those assclowns say "Don't be a homosexual transgender underage minority but I totally fucked a homosexual transgender underage minority in my limo last night" it seems at least a little sketchy. I think they run their organizations about the same, it's just the surface of the DNC is more palatable than the surface of the GOP.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I meant in the "Yes, we allow outsiders to the party, it's just that we won't ever let them feel welcomed!".
    acket.

I don't think the difference is with how the party is run, but Sanders just has more sense and class than Trump.

Sense and class aren't something that'll produce ratings.

Anyway, probably in a few more years when the top .1% owns 99.9% of everything will Bernie Sanders' movement finally become unstoppable. We'll just have to let status quo work its magic...

We'll either fix this democratically or eventually we'll fix it the French way.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post

Crap thing is, I don't see a huge difference in how the parties are run. They're both shitty. The difference is that the DNC's more common-sense oriented platform makes their operation seem less shady and less anti-citizen than the GOP's us vs. them platform. When Hillary says "Look, I took all this money but it didn't hurt you" that might be defensible and nobody is upset when someone makes some innocent cash. When those assclowns say "Don't be a homosexual transgender underage minority but I totally fucked a homosexual transgender underage minority in my limo last night" it seems at least a little sketchy. I think they run their organizations about the same, it's just the surface of the DNC is more palatable than the surface of the GOP.

What about when Hillary says, "A bloody sectarian conflict in Syria would be good for Israel and its allies"? Or stealing from the Haiti relief fund?

It's a choice between someone who says bad things and presents as an unpolished turd and someone who does bad things but presents as a fairly well polished turd.
    Last edited by LHutton; June 9th, 2016 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I would bet money on the 2016 election changing future elections for the worse, not better. Trump exposed holes in the GOP that they will quickly plug and guard much more intensely. They were not expecting Trump to go as far as he did as quickly. Next time, they'll start the smear machine that much earlier. Cast doubt on his credibility,
    It's the smear campaign that worked to his advantage. People saw it as the establishment coming down on someone and the 'protect the underdog' mentality switch was flicked.

Also, see above, throwing dirt at an unpolished turd is a waste of time.

The truly sad part is, a vote for Shillary is a vote for war.

But, a vote for Trump is a vote for the Apocalypse.