Page 530 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 3043048052052852953053153254058063010301530 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Yep, hence why I'm voting for The Shill

Still depressing.

*sigh*... Not seeing the forest for the trees.

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/the-f...da-great-again

As Canadians watch the quadrennial shitshow that is the US presidential election play out, many are having a tough time wrapping their heads around the appeal of Donald Trump, a head of hair who has been caught lying to "pants on fire" proportions throughout his campaign, proposing both impractical and outright racist policies, and just generally acting like a clown.

While it's tempting to chalk the Republican candidate's popularity up to a brand of conservatism and staunch partisanship that wouldn't flourish here, that might not be entirely true.

Torontonian Jay White, 37, is part of a (small) subset of Canadians who are rabid Trump fans. White started the Facebook group Canadians For Donald Trump in February, as an outlet for himself and likeminded people who "felt too intimidated to voice their opinion publicly."

Trump has said he wants to build a wall across the US-Mexico border—how would you feel if he decided to do the same for Canada?

Our border is already very heavily patrolled by personnel and drones and a wall would add very little to this. But for the sake of argument I think you are asking me: Are others are right to be offended by his desires to build a wall at Mexico? To be honest I think the wall is more figurative, and more of a saying. What he really desires is the enforcement of immigration. It truly is shocking how easy it is for illegals to enter the USA.

I'm not sure why you think it's figurative. I saw him speak recently and he said, "We're going to build a wall, it's going to be a great wall." That's something he's said repeatedly.

I have no doubts that he will actually build a wall. But Donald is not an idiot and he knows that a wall doesn't keep people out. The wall is something for people to marvel at and it would act as a symbol of immigration reform. Much the way that people look at the Statue of Liberty and think of freedom.

Saw this on a facebook comments thread and thought it was pretty accurate

Fox is that guy who locks his doors when he sees a person of color, even in suburbia, but swears he isn't a racist, because he works with a black guy.

Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    *sigh*... Not seeing the forest for the trees.
    What's interesting to me about this interview is that you could probably replace Trump with Bible or something. I positively hate it when people say "I know he said X but what he meant was Y." I feel like there is a certain group of people who have this amazing ability to take words in and mutate them into a more tasteful concept which they can then directly support. I understand figuratives and superlatives and metaphors, but when someone makes a simple, unambiguous statement I fundamentally lack the ability to imagine that statement to be anything more than what it appears on the surface. It's a very peculiar ability. I feel like it's a trait not unique to but common to hardcore religious conservatives. What TrumpJesus said was, but what he meant was." HOW THE FLYING FUCK DO YOU KNOW?

Yup. Blind support because of a vague agreement in the overriding "theme" the guy brings to the table. While ignoring every single fucking important detail. Politics in a nutshell, usually.

Ohio Gov. John Kasich said Thursday he still isn't ready to endorse presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump. "Why would I feel compelled to support someone whose positions I kind of fundamentally disagree with?
    :clap:

Think of it this way... If the choice is slow death and quick death, which would you prefer?

Of course if the choice for life(Bernie) is still possible, I'm sure we'd all pick that, but unfortunately current political system tend to just offer us choices between slow death (Hillary)or quick death(you know who).

I personally prefer quick death, but who knows, maybe slow death could buy us some time to turn things around?

It's also kinda sad that Bernie is now being painted as a sore loser...

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    What's interesting to me about this interview is that you could probably replace Trump with Bible or something. I positively hate it when people say "I know he said X but what he meant was Y." I feel like there is a certain group of people who have this amazing ability to take words in and mutate them into a more tasteful concept which they can then directly support. I understand figuratives and superlatives and metaphors, but when someone makes a simple, unambiguous statement I fundamentally lack the ability to imagine that statement to be anything more than what it appears on the surface. It's a very peculiar ability. I feel like it's a trait not unique to but common to hardcore religious conservatives. What TrumpJesus said was, but what he meant was." HOW THE FLYING FUCK DO YOU KNOW?
    You have to consider context.

With regard to bible, one has to consider what's the overall message from God. If a single verse goes contrary to that message, it cannot be taken as if that is indeed what God represent.

As for trump, the guy had set infinite # of pants on fire, even his supporters know not to take any of his words seriously... Except for the words they really like I guess....

I think that's his game plan. The shit that he said will resonate with your shitty part of you well... As for the rest of the outrageous shit that he said, you end up believing that he's just joking...

The guy is from NY and used to mingle with the Clintons. He's good at saying shit people want to hear. Maybe by general election, he'll be able to say shit that can make the politically correct liberal tight asses happy..., then again maybe not!

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    The truly sad part is, a vote for Shillary is a vote for war.
    Well China do like building islands a little too much. And based on best guess they're going to collapse START I and II as well.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Breakdown of which precincts went to which candidate in San Diego. It's interesting to note that wealthy areas mostly went to Hillary. So did the gay region (Hillcrest) but that's also mostly a wealthy area. Military mostly went with Bernie. Hippies and young people with Bernie. UCSD, USD and SDSU to Bernie. More heavily hispanic areas split but more to Hillary than to Bernie.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...ults/?Watchdog