Page 588 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 8848853857858658758858959059863868810881588 ... LastLast
Results 5,871 to 5,880 of 24777

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    My wife, a liberal Democrat, brought up an interesting idea after the Democratic convention finally ended the other night. And yes, both Obamas really can give one hell of a speech. And so can Slick Willie, although I confess that when I see him, I'm seeing SNL actors spoofing him in my mind at the same time, since he still has so many of the same mannerisms they made good fun of back then.

Anyway, remember when Trump first started and people thought perhaps he was just being a spoiler to help Hillary win? My wife brought up the idea that he still might be doing that. How else can any reasonable person explain the crazy shit he says, day after day, week after week, month after month?

The only good thing I can say about Trump is hopefully his candidacy will be the downfall of the Republican party and pave the way for some new, vibrant, young party with a small-government, balanced-budget platform to come along, and let not the religious zealots and gun nuts glom on to them as they did with the Tea Party, which looked promising for about ten minutes a long time ago.
    While everything he says is nuts, it leveled off a while ago, maybe around the time everyone else on the GOP side dropped out. At this point, he's certainly not doing enough crazy to help Hillary. It seems to be just the right amount of crazy to keep in the hunt.

I was on that maybe it's a ploy bandwagon for a while, but at this point, I don't think so.

The only good thing I can say about Trump is hopefully his candidacy will be the downfall of the Republican party and pave the way for some new, vibrant, young party with a small-government, balanced-budget platform to come along, and let not the religious zealots and gun nuts glom on to them as they did with the Tea Party, which looked promising for about ten minutes a long time ago.
    Yeah I really hope that the Democratic Party doesn't become the Oligarchs Party. It costs Corporate America nothing to allow same-sex marriage, transgender people's rights, progressive paths to legal immigration and other social issues while still suppressing the vote in the DNC primaries, pushing Right to Work laws in the face of traditional union support and continuing to protect Wall St.

Bernie's Revolutionaries might be the only way to save the DNC...

Administrator

Around here we have left, right and center plus greens and true fins.

Left has a part of very left, right has religious and swede parts,
    greens are waving left and right,
    center is not left with city and county parts and
    true fins are national and social populists.
    And all flanks are fluctuating.

As long as you have winner-takes-all you can of course forget all that.

My prediction is that your winner-takes-all is not going away but
    Texas and Florida will turn permanently blue, eventually.
    That then only shifts the true election to DNC since GOP stays so strong that splitting Dems is a risk.
    No idea how blue the cornfields can change due immigration.

My wife, a liberal Democrat, brought up an interesting idea after the Democratic convention finally ended the other night. And yes, both Obamas really can give one hell of a speech. And so can Slick Willie, although I confess that when I see him, I'm seeing SNL actors spoofing him in my mind at the same time, since he still has so many of the same mannerisms they made good fun of back then.

Anyway, remember when Trump first started and people thought perhaps he was just being a spoiler to help Hillary win? My wife brought up the idea that he still might be doing that. How else can any reasonable person explain the crazy shit he says, day after day, week after week, month after month?

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by overpowered View Post
    The Path to Prosperity Is Blue

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/op...y-is-blue.html

Trickle down economics does not work.
    Interesting!

However, it's still not overwhelmingly convincing though... Take medium income for example. #1 is a red state and it's Alaska?!?!?! Clearly that is not a typical red state. Now, when you look at a typical big blue state such as California... its medium income falls below blue average. And for NY, another typical blue state, fell below red average.

So political color isn't really a sure fire way of ensuring prosperity... but for sure cutting taxes and less regulation are NOT going to solve any of America's problems. You could say that perhaps taxes are the reason why US companies shelf money out of the country, but for sure our financial disaster wasn't caused by over regulation... I don't understand how they can still justify even less regulation now...

Wonder what the chances are of the GOP falling apart, Dems become the new Republicans, and we get a proper progressive left party in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Yeah I really hope that the Democratic Party doesn't become the Oligarchs Party. It costs Corporate America nothing to allow same-sex marriage, transgender people's rights, progressive paths to legal immigration and other social issues while still suppressing the vote in the DNC primaries, pushing Right to Work laws in the face of traditional union support and continuing to protect Wall St.

Bernie's Revolutionaries might be the only way to save the DNC...
    So best case scenario is that Trump presidency will destroy the republican party or the hillary's presidency will destroy the democratic party... either way, they'll pave the way for a revolution later.

I think it's just too bad that democrats can only see the errors of republican's ways and refuse to see the errors of their own ways..., so they refuse to acknowledge Bernie's call for a 'revolution'. If such a revolution is warranted, then it makes Obama look bad I guess... No question that the Republican party is worse, but our current status quo path is also not that good. Whoever becomes president, hopefully he or she will just be a single termer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    Wonder what the chances are of the GOP falling apart, Dems become the new Republicans, and we get a proper progressive left party in the USA
    I think GOP has already fallen apart. Democrats ARE the new Republicans cozy up with the bankers..., but the problem is that people are forced to continue to play this 2 party game.

The only way for another party to come to the scene is for voters to actually vote for them.

Anyway, considering how buddy buddy Clintons and Trumps were before..., it's really hard for me to believe Trump can really turn around so much politically and psychologically to become the Trump of today.

My guess DNC chairwoman was tasked to torpedo Bernie... but Trump was probably initially sent to torpedo the Republicans... I honestly can't believe Trump is for real. He himself probably couldn't believe he has come this far... makes me wonder what was Trump's original motive/incentive to get in the race?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 1st, 2016 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    That would be great.
    It would be like the US of 30 years ago.