Page 594 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 9449454458459259359459559660464469410941594 ... LastLast
Results 5,931 to 5,940 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    I think he did this all for publicity and doesn't really want to be there. He wanted to prove he could run a campaign like this and be successful. HUGELY successful.

He will get torn to shreds during the debates and I think he is trying his best to either get ousted or he may quit before they happen. He made a big huff about that they were scheduled during NFL games and lied about getting a letter from the NFL saying so, they quickly denounced what he said as a lie. The funny thing is that the debates were decided on last year at this time.

I think he is scared he will look like the dope he is against a women. His ego just can't handle that. You can tell he is a sexist pig who can't handle being made a fool of by a woman. And in front of a huge audience. I can literally see him leaving the stage after not being able to handle the ridicule. Just flat out walking out.
    I really hope the moderators keep him in check during debates, his go-to when backed into a corner is to interrupt, talk over, and insult. While Clinton is a pretty assertive politician, there's no way she's going to engage in a shouting/insult match. So if he's just railing into her all debate, she'll end up looking pretty weak and he'll 'win' the debates. Remember, a good portion of our population gives no shits about facts and policies.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    If Trump dropped out of the race now....man, that would be chaos on the GOP side...what would they do?
    I think if he drops out and they put another candidate in, the GOP will have a better chance at winning the election. The fact that Trump is this close in polling to Clinton shows that Clinton is a relatively weak candidate, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    If Trump dropped out of the race now....man, that would be chaos on the GOP side...what would they do?
    Hey, George H.W. Bush still has four more good years left in him, and he's eligible, unlike (one of) his son(s), Slick Willie, and Obama. He wears cool socks, too.

Hell, bring back Jimmy Carter! I hear he's doing fine, and...pausing to add respect...he's apparently cancer free. That's great, and I'm not making fun when I say that.

I say run a Bush/Carter ticket and let's enjoy the return of the WWII veteran presidents!

(I tried to find some SNL "Saturday TV Funhouse" cartoons of the Ex-Presidents superhero cartoons to post here, but I wasn't able to find them on YouTube)
    Last edited by George; August 3rd, 2016 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I really hope the moderators keep him in check during debates, his go-to when backed into a corner is to interrupt, talk over, and insult. While Clinton is a pretty assertive politician, there's no way she's going to engage in a shouting/insult match. So if he's just railing into her all debate, she'll end up looking pretty weak and he'll 'win' the debates. Remember, a good portion of our population gives no shits about facts and policies.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I think if he drops out and they put another candidate in, the GOP will have a better chance at winning the election. The fact that Trump is this close in polling to Clinton shows that Clinton is a relatively weak candidate, imo.
    This too. Which is why I get the argument of the Bernie(bros) or Bust people who say they won't vote for Hillary. They (the people who voted for Hillary) are the people who put us in this mess by voting for the weaker (all polls showed Bernie beating Trump by much larger margins than Hillary.) candidate.

Hi Jason. I'm not on facebook anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    This too. Which is why I get the argument of the Bernie(bros) or Bust people who say they won't vote for Hillary. They (the people who voted for Hillary) are the people who put us in this mess by voting for the weaker (all polls showed Bernie beating Trump by much larger margins than Hillary.) candidate.
    Again, people who point out that Bernie polled better than Hillary against Trump are completely overlooking the fact that no one, neither Hillary or the Republicans, ever really went after Bernie with the same tenacity that the Republicans have been tearing into Clinton with for years in anticipation of her being the 2016 nominee. Bernie got a free ride because no one ever perceived him as a real, serious threat. He has plenty of things that he could have been attacked over, and would have been if he would have made it past the primary.

Pointing to polls of Hillary vs Bernie against Trump is the epitome of foolishness because it has never been a level playing field with regard to how much Hillary has been attacked compared to Bernie.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    In Oregon, all eligible voters are now registered voters unless they opt out.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...317-story.html