Page 624 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 12452457461462262362462562663467472411241624 ... LastLast
Results 6,231 to 6,240 of 24776

Thread: Politics

just kidding. I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Reich
    Of many oddities last night in Donald Trump’s handling of questions over how he’d function as commander-in-chief, during NBC’s “Commander-in-Chief Forum” last night, 4 stand out:
    1. Instead of explaining his previous comment that he knew more about the Islamic State than America's generals, he instead disparaged those generals by saying they'd been "reduced to rubble." Then he suggested his plan to defeat the Islamic State — long something he said was a secret — would instead be formulated with help from top generals. Then he casually indicated he might just fire most of the generals anyway.
    2. Trump returned to the old idea that America should have taken Iraq's oil after ousting Saddam Hussein, in violation of international law. He once suggested this should have happened to provide revenue to wounded soldiers; now he argues it would have blocked the rise of the Islamic State (or ISIS, as he calls the group). He also said he had always been against the Iraq War, when in fact he’s on record in the past as supporting it.
    3. He said he’d have “different generals” heading the military. But under law, a president can’t summarily fire generals. During a debate in March, Trump was asked what he would do if the military refused to carry out his orders to commit acts of torture or target civilians. "They won't refuse," Trump replied. "They're not going to refuse me. Believe me."
    4. Trump said that Russian president Vladimir Putin has "been a leader far more than our president has been." Hello? Putin -- who has squelched dissent in Russia and taken over parts of Crimea is more of a leader than President Obama? Apparently, to Trump, "leadership" means dictatorial control.
    At a forum specifically designed to probe how Trump would function as command-in-chief, he displayed complete ignorance of his authority as commander-in-chief, as well as of democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    I'm not sure he would see it that way, although it's a bit worrying to think that people might need to try and calm him down by telling him/using that...

A military with NUCLEAR WEAPONS.
    Anyway, I'm only concerned that Trump will bully other nations/groups. Having nuclear weapons is good at bullying those who don't have it..., but you can't actually use it! Just as school bullies are only picking on others kids so that they do what the bully wants... Bullies don't really actually want to kill other kids to get into bigger trouble! I just don't think Trump is that mentally foqued up. I guess at least the nations that have Trump towers probably won't be nuked?

Whatever, it is kinda odd that US military are now giving Obama super low ratings... Hillary's also not polling better than Trump. Wonder if we just have stupid, racist, bigoted military or do they know something else we don't.

25 years of negative campaigning/ messaging against her.

Just about every single negative thing about her is a trumped up (see what I did there?) storm in a teacup, much like they did to Obama. Except they have 25 years of materials.

Oh, but she used a private server ... so did members of Bush' government. Including Bush himself IIRC. Have they prosecuted/ investigated Bush? Next
    Bengha ... SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP! Congress cut money to fund embassy security and she warned them that might happen. Next
    Etc etc etc

Apparently Colin Powell advised her on using a private email server.

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/08/493133...d-in-new-email

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    25 years of negative campaigning/ messaging against her.

Just about every single negative thing about her is a trumped up (see what I did there?) storm in a teacup, much like they did to Obama. Except they have 25 years of materials.

Oh, but she used a private server ... so did members of Bush' government. Including Bush himself IIRC. Have they prosecuted/ investigated Bush? Next
    Bengha ... SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP! Congress cut money to fund embassy security and she warned them that might happen. Next
    Etc etc etc
    Obama certainly didn't have 25 yrs of negative campaign against him...,

So the logical conclusion is that our military is made up mostly of bunch of hateful, racist republicans then...

US media is quite amazing now..., normally you'll hardly ever hear about 3rd party candidates..., just as the city of Aleppo itself, but they'd jump on any opportunity to make anyone running against Hillary Clinton look bad.

Yes, I get it now, she's the most qualified and sensible candidate out of the bunch, but sorry, I still can't trust her...

Maybe it's good to get Johnson out of the way so Jill Stein can have a better chance...

Yeah, I'm sure seeing him make a fool of himself on a major political TV show would have gone completely ignored if it weren't for Hillary calling up all the news outlets and telling them to report on it.

What did Obama do for the poor city under civil war?

Why should average American even care about Aleppo? If doing something for that city is part of the job, president Obama would fail miserably.

Why not ask more relevant questions to begin with?

You still don't think US media is part of the so called 'establishment'?

My new voting algorithm is that whoever the media is supporting and has raised the most money, I'm not gonna vote for that person.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 8th, 2016 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Why should average American even care about Aleppo?
    Because your god says love thy neighbor, and your neighbors in Aleppo are currently getting the shit bombed out of them.

Why is the reporter asking Gary Johnson, and not the sitting president is the US?

Even if Johnson came up with an elegant response, avg Americans still couldn't care less about such interview.