Page 720 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 22062067071071871972072172273077082012201720 ... LastLast
Results 7,191 to 7,200 of 24776

Thread: Politics

YEAH!!! If North Korea takes out our communications and infrastructure it will be up to all of us!!!

Money keeps society functioning together. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad.

Other than (the eventual) opening fire with live ammo against protestors/cops/military in limited fits of inequality-fueled rage, what true change is going to take place? Trump is impeached? Class warfare is so much bigger than that comic asshole.

The Poor still believe in the concept of money -- and even if people rejected it en masse and went back to bartering (ha!), the top 10% have 99.99% of all the land and goods, too.

Conservatives won this round of U.S./British leadership. We have our résumés and we polish/duel with them daily. We all have a vested interest in maintaining the global status quo. Violence is limited, emotional and pointless, and violent roving packs of The Poor are never going to change anyone's mind. They will always have my support, my vote and my donations but never my blood.

This is our life. #shrug #fuckitdudeletsgobowling

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'd think this is obvious?

Rumor I've heard is this was payback for Jared Kushner. When Christie was a US Attorney he was involved in the prosecution of Jared's dad for 18 counts of tax evasion, witness tampering, and making illegal campaign donations, sending him to prison.
    The least obvious part is why would Trump go out of the way to give a top cabinet post to one of his biggest RNC critics. I thought he's very vengeful...

Hope he can reach over to the DNC side and win people over this way too in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    As long as the top 5% keep cranking up the inequality, they set the stage for increasing spurts of populist gun violence at demonstrations and marches.

I honestly doubt there will be any sort of revolution or true civil war, our lifestyle (both personal and political) just isn't built for that.
    I'm not so sure civil war is not possible if Hillary won.

If the usually more reasonable left could protest like that, I'm sure the gun loving right could cause more problems had Hillary won.

Trump also made the show of saving 1000 jobs in Indiana, had Hillary won, I'm sure the DNC would continue to focus on the coasts and ignore the deplorables in rural America and the animosity will only continue to brew...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 30th, 2016 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    The least obvious part is why would Trump go out of the way to give a top cabinet post to one of his biggest RNC critics. I thought he's very vengeful...
    Because it's the most humiliating thing you can do to Mitt is make him grovel for your approval after everything he's said. Whether or not he gives it to him, Trump still wins.

Hmm..., that's true.

I wonder if he'll utilize the same humiliation tactics at the democrats later on and in the end unite the nation?

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/the...n-d-1789523737

PR No. 298 PM TELEPHONES PRESIDENT-ELECT USA Islamabad: November 30, 2016

Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif called President-elect USA Donald Trump and felicitated him on his victory. President Trump said Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif you have a very good reputation. You are a terrific guy. You are doing amazing work which is visible in every way. I am looking forward to see you soon. As I am talking to you Prime Minister, I feel I am talking to a person I have known for long. Your country is amazing with tremendous opportunities. Pakistanis are one of the most intelligent people. I am ready and willing to play any role that you want me to play to address and find solutions to the outstanding problems. It will be an honor and I will personally do it. Feel free to call me any time even before 20th January that is before I assume my office.

On being invited to visit Pakistan by the Prime Minister, Mr. Trump said that he would love to come to a fantastic country, fantastic place of fantastic people. Please convey to the Pakistani people that they are amazing and all Pakistanis I have known are exceptional people, said Mr. Donald Trump.

This is word-for-word. Word-for-word from the leader of the free world. THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD SPEAKS LIKE THIS.

Has the man ever read a book? Or even a newspaper?

nope... he's admitted that he doesn't read.

Donald Trump doesn’t read much. Being president probably wouldn’t change that
    He said in a series of interviews that he does not need to read extensively because he reaches the right decisions “with very little knowledge other than the knowledge I [already] had, plus the words ‘common sense,’ because I have a lot of common sense and I have a lot of business ability.”

edit: well, I guess he reads some things.
    He has no time to read, he said: “I never have. I’m always busy doing a lot. Now I’m more busy, I guess, than ever before.”

Trump’s desk is piled high with magazines, nearly all of them with himself on their covers, and each morning, he reviews a pile of printouts of news articles about himself that his secretary delivers to his desk. But there are no shelves of books in his office, no computer on his desk.

And this, apparently:

http://www.businessinsider.com/donal...his-bed-2015-8

"Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler's collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed ... Hitler's speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist," Marie Brenner wrote.

They say Trump doesn't drink, but he sure sounds like he's drunk most of the time, when he's speaking or tweeting.