Page 740 of 1821 FirstFirst ... 24064069073073873974074174275079084012401740 ... LastLast
Results 7,391 to 7,400 of 18208

Thread: Politics

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but let's look at Trumps appointments so far... Someone with an agriculture background (that campaigned to eliminate the DOE) in charge of the DOE, a neurosurgeon in charge of housing, a rich mom who hate public schools in charge of all public schools, and a climate change denier in charge of the EPA. Then you have a Secretary of State that is an Oil tycoon with a business and friendly relationship with Russia/Putin.

I'm kinda convinced he's been put in place by Putin to dismantle the country.

Nah. GOP Dream Team, that's all.

The funny part is how the Tea Partiers will react once they're done slapping each other on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Let's not forget that Drumpf was the one who asked Russia to hack HRC's emails in the first place. I was shocked that he didn't get in trouble for making the comment in the first place. But, now that it's actually happened... well, I guess we'll see.

I seriously doubt anything will come of it.

What a joke our political system has become. These people should be held to the highest standard. But, they get away with anything/everything.
    I think a large part of the responsibility also falls on the news outlets and journalists who didn't hold his feet to the fire. The amount of sheer drivel they repeated ad nauseum without checking, verifying, challenging, clarifying is disgusting.

It's all part of the hurry to get the scoop, the next headline, the next story, before anyone else. The rise of "fake news" is partly the responsibility of the mainstream media, who failed to do their jobs.
    But, we, the consumers, the twitter generation, who want our news in 160 character bits and bobs, are also partly to blame.

Shared a video on FB with Denzel Washington mentioning that. We as consumers need to hold the news articles accountable for these stories.

The one conservative paper I have stayed somewhat current on is 'The Hill.' mainly because they will post a story because they feel it is necessary, even if it does go against the current "right/left wing" ad nauseum.

Yeah, The Hill isn't bad. A friend posted this little infographic, seemed about right to me. 'Cept I'd probably shunt the Occupy Democrats stuff into the drivel column.

Last edited by Tom Servo; December 13th, 2016 at 06:58 PM.

Fox news meets high standards?

I'd agree with that graphic

Ask me about my bottom br
    Sincerely, where would Democracy Now! and theyoungturks go?
    acket.

The Young Turks are annoyingly liberal, even from my perspective

What I want to know is how many extra screens do I have to add to my computer in order to see how far right Conservapedia lies

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yeah, The Hill isn't bad. A friend posted this little infographic, seemed about right to me. 'Cept I'd probably shunt the Occupy Democrats stuff into the drivel column.

The problem is a large amount of the population would completely disagree with this chart.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via