Page 741 of 1824 FirstFirst ... 24164169173173974074174274375179184112411741 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,410 of 18235

Thread: Politics

  1. #7401
    Director Freude am Fahren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    4,800
    Based on all the comments I've seen from the various postings of this graphic on facebook, you're right.

    Thing with Fox News mainly, but also MSNBC and somewhat CNN, is that they have news and then they have the pundit/opinion crap. When they're doing actual news, especially non-political news, they're pretty good usually.

  2. #7402
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,908
    And I think all of those generally at least do some basic fact checking before they report on things, or will post corrections when they get it wrong. As is, while I'm aware of Fox News' bias towards conservatives, I'm unaware of Fox News running around reporting that there are tunnels between pizza restaurants where Hillary Clinton runs a child sex slave ring.

  3. #7403
    Ask me about my bottom br
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ox.mx
    Posts
    5,328
    Yeah, that was kind of my point. Particularly the young turks, they don't do much news it's basically opinion and reporting on news outlets.

    Last week tonight is an odd example, taking away it's clearly liberal commentary, they're pretty good at reporting facts (that were left off by the original piece).
    acket.

  4. #7404

  5. #7405
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,908
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Yeah, that was kind of my point. Particularly the young turks, they don't do much news it's basically opinion and reporting on news outlets.

    Last week tonight is an odd example, taking away it's clearly liberal commentary, they're pretty good at reporting facts (that were left off by the original piece).
    Oh yeah, wasn't replying to you. There was some incredulity at how well Fox News did in there, but overall I still consider them to be a hell of a lot better than Breitbart. They've got some particularly idiotic pundits/opinion shows, but the actual news reporting is generally at least accurate.

  6. #7406
    What does the Bat say? Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but let's look at Trumps appointments so far... Someone with an agriculture background (that campaigned to eliminate the DOE) in charge of the DOE, a neurosurgeon in charge of housing, a rich mom who hate public schools in charge of all public schools, and a climate change denier in charge of the EPA. Then you have a Secretary of State that is an Oil tycoon with a business and friendly relationship with Russia/Putin.

    I'm kinda convinced he's been put in place by Putin to dismantle the country.
    Considering the GOP mantra is that 'government is evil and worthless', its not surprising that they'd put people in charge that'd dismantle these systems. Then the GOP can turn around and say 'hey, see how bad these systems are? we were right all along!'

  7. #7407
    What does the Bat say? Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Fox news meets high standards?
    Fox News, the news agency isn't too bad. It's their 'Op-Ed' folks who are full of crazy.

  8. #7408
    Ask me about my bottom br
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ox.mx
    Posts
    5,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Oh yeah, wasn't replying to you.
    Whoa whoa whoa, wait there buddy! I wasn't talking to you either.

    But, I, in fact, agree with what you say.
    acket.

  9. #7409
    Bad Taste novicius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mad-city
    Posts
    5,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Patriotic Correctness.
    I was wondering if there was going to be a new term for American Nationalist/Nazi speech, thanks for the link.

  10. #7410
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,908
    Stupid lack of delete.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •