Page 824 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 32472477481482282382482582683487492413241824 ... LastLast
Results 8,231 to 8,240 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Sad, little man View Post
    It's all gonna be ok everyone. We can stop all the debates and protests. Mother nature is going to work it all out...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/science/nasa...teroid-9810339

You're right Billi, there is a god.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sad, little man View Post
    It's all gonna be ok everyone. We can stop all the debates and protests. Mother nature is going to work it all out...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/science/nasa...teroid-9810339

You're right Billi, there is a god.
    From that article

""An asteroid impact, unlike other natural catastrophes, can actually be avoided."

NASA has an asteroid early warning system called Scout in place. Within 10 minutes of spotting an incoming asteroid it can project potential flight paths.

It alerts three other telescopes to perform follow-up observations and narrow down a rock's trajectory.

"When a telescope first finds a moving object, all you know is it's just a dot, moving on the sky. You have no information about how far away it is," astronomer Paul Chodas from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, which runs the Scout program, told NPR.

"The more telescopes you get pointed at an object, the more data you get, and the more sure you are how big it is and which way it's headed. But sometimes you don't have a lot of time to make those observations."

Scout is designed to keep track of so-called "Near Earth Objects", and identify those that could potentially be on a collision course with Earth, so NASA can respond."

So um...HOW exactly can NASA respond? That isn't really explained.

We find some roughnecks and drill an a-bomb into it, duh.

Seriously though, maybe some small ones we could obliterate with some nukes, but any big enough to end the planet would probably be unavoidable.

GOP Senate Intel Member: Exhaustive investigation into Trump-Russia connections needed following Flynn resignation

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    the dominoes are beginning to fall....the question is, how far will it all go?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Outside of a social studies aspect of how religion in general most likely helped man create civilizations and get many people on board with a rule of law, what would you expect history classes to teach on the goodness of Christianity? Given a history class, is it its job to find something redeeming about Christianity? It might be that Christianity (or any religion) may have a good effect on an individual, but on a broader historical level it often has a negative effect. It might not be as well, but what would you pick as as something that belongs as part of a world history class that explains the positives of Christianity? In fairness, I say this as believing that Christianity, like all major religions, has had positive effects. I also find that "Everything's fine" is often a chapter left out of history books, as it's not particularly interesting.
    Yeah, I have to admit that there's no easy way to incorporate the good of Christianity without making it sound too preachy for non-christians. However, perhaps there can be a more balanced approach to the teaching of for stuff like slavery and manifest destiny. It does seem like that we are shifting more of the blame to God or Christians than truly accept responsibility of our failings. Americans justified their evil doings under the guise of Christ..., but in reality, people were driven by their personal motives while hiding "under God". Just as homophobes can hate gays without Jesus, but it's more convenient to hide behind the bible justifying their hatred toward gays... Anyway, I just felt Christianity unfairly received bad rap for American's own issues...

Bottomline is that in CA, there's no way in heaven that we can ask for MORE Christian history in classes. The seemingly relentless pursue to remove religious artifacts/symbols/phrases in public places or flags is also too much IMHO. However, I'm ok with that. At least they can't touch the churches... and at least I can still freely pray at home and say Merry Christmas to fellow Christians. At least my own religious freedom is still protected..., that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    In discussing what turned you off Hillary don't invoke black lives (not) matter(ing) after saying "Bernie opened your eyes." Because Bernie was outspoken about BLM and stood in true solidarity. If your eyes were truly opened you'd have voted in solidarity with ALL minorities, the handicapped, women, intersex, the economy, ecology and fucking Big Bird.
    So Jill Stein is against minorities, handicapped, women, intersex, the economy, ecology and the big bird?

If I'm not standing with you, I'm against you? If I don't share your ideology then I should just leave and move back to Taiwan?

Honestly dude. Take a chill pill.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Hopefully all the way, but I doubt it.

Anyway, do you guys really want Pence taking over? Or even the next in line?

So it doesn't really matter how far it falls, the end game will be similar.

I'm just hoping these guys won't cause too much damage over the next 4 years... and hopefully DNC come up with somebody more appealing...

Of course in the unlikely event of America becoming great again, I'd gladly take that too. Then I'll be in line to vote for him to keep America great!

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Trump will ignore it or settle (plea bargain) out of it. No way he gets nailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    We find some roughnecks and drill an a-bomb into it, duh.

Seriously though, maybe some small ones we could obliterate with some nukes, but any big enough to end the planet would probably be unavoidable.
    My guess is, they meant predictable, not avoidable.