Page 845 of 2481 FirstFirst ... 34574579583584384484584684785589594513451845 ... LastLast
Results 8,441 to 8,450 of 24808

Thread: Politics

Such tiny hands.

Female Masturbatory Aid

Heh.

North Korea just tested nuclear capable ballistic missiles again.

Ordinarily I wouldn't be quite so nervous ...

Don't worry. Trump has been spending so much time up his own asshole lately, I doubt he'll even notice.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Yeah, I think they can reach Alaska but not Australia. You live in the south, right?
    acket.

We also have anti-missile missiles!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Good to know!!!
    acket.

Charles Clymer (twitter) had this to say that I fully agree with.

"It's difficult for me to buy the "listen to Trump voters" reasoning as if by hearing them out, profound insight will emerge

I swear I lose a little respect for the liberals who say this. I really do. It smacks of the worst naivete. There is no mystery here.

Trump was SO clear about what he said he would do, and he was SO very clear about hs lack of knowledge on anything.

He *said* he would ban Muslims, and build a wall, and ail women for having abortions and on an on

The media, even conservative media, would report on his failures as a business exec, lack of knowledge, etc, all of it.

Either Trump voters relate to his racism, sexism, etc and/ or they're fucking morons who deserve scorn. There is no in between.

I'm tired of fellow liberals acting as though Trump voters were hoodwinked with complex policy crosstalk. They weren't. Didn't happen.

And i'm really tires of these occasional articles about some liberal researcher who went out the "heartland" and reports back

with some ridiculous nonsense that all we have to do is create a dialogue with Trump voters and win them back.

I read a book recently about this very "suggestion." A researcher went to Louisiana for months to survey Trump voters.

I forgot the authors name but her thesis was that we just need to find common ground with folks and all will improve. No it won't.

The author had hundred and hundreds of interview transcripts. So much research. But you know what it is missing?

It was missing pushback. The author didn't question her subjects uninformed and/ or bigoted responses TO THEIR FACE.

You don't have to be mean to question some's logic. You just ask for more information and present facts/ data that contradict it.

But none of these so called "liberal authors" (which is what they use for clickbait titles) did this. None push back against these views.

And in thse so called "field studies," there is the undeniable stench of liberal guilt over being informed or having an education.

These liberal researchers who "survey" Trump voters want SDO badly to be linked and insulate against the "elitist liberal" steretype

that they sully an information collected with this apologetic "I promise i'm not elitist" bullshit approach. They don't push back.

How goes gay marriage affect you? What is the GOP's plan for health insurance? What government assistance do you receive?

Trump lied about this, this, and this. Here is proof on paper. Why do you feel comfortable supporting a "leader" who does this?

Nope. We do't get that. These interviews by "liberal researchers" are open- ended bullshit sessions. Non stop cognitive dissonance.

You might say "but Charles, isn't it helpful that they *feel* like they're being listened to? That it might foster goodwill?"

No, I would argue that instead of creating trust it enables them to continue with thier shitty/ moronic/ bigoted opininos. Think

I'll bet every dollar in my pocket that these Trump voters walked away thinking" well that liberal seemed to agree with me/"

Their terrible political opinions, borne out of ignorance and hatred, end up being validated by silence from the researcher

And, by the way, if thse "liberal researchers" spent all this time with Trump voters, wouldn't there be evidence that minds changed?

For example, Arlie Hochschild's "Strangers In Their Own Land" demonstrates no progress in breaking down walls of misunderstanding. None.

In fact, at the end of Hochschild's book, she doesn't have any success stories of changing folks minds. the closest she gets

is one of the main people profiled coming around to a liberarian approach on issues. That's it.

And I misspoke earlier; It wasn't "months" spent in Louisiana, it was five years. IVE YEARS interviewing Tea Party folks.

Wouldn't you think after five years talking to the same folks "listening ot the Heartland" their opinions might change a little bit?

I fear we, as liberals, are going to waste precious time and resources on reaching out to the wrong people.

We need to be focused on bridging progressive communities. ANd that's haf. Lots of bad feelings over 16. But it's necessary.

We will go further toward out goals (in. defeating Trump) by bridging progressives through hard, tough, discussions that trying

to reach out to peope who have made it very clear that Trump's bigoted, cartoonish, bullshit is what appeals to them.

It's as though we're afraid of having a "divided country" as though we've ever had a truly united country. We haven't.

Even in World War II, we were divided. White Americans might remember that differently Folks of color do not. We were divided.

If your fear is "divided country" believe me when I say we have always lived in one. Division in politics is not bad. It's not.

Division in politics breeds substantial debate, nuanced policy, forces compromise. It creates a STRONGER country.

The "good times" in politics really never were. Someone was always left out. And it usually wasn't white men.

When you're asking liberals to reach out to (mostly male, mostly white) Trump voters, you're asking to validate that exclusion.

We need to FIGHT back. We need to bridge progressives and start looking at this like the war of ideas that it is. DON'T BE WEAK

You've got family and friends that supported Trump? Fine. Telling them that they're bigots doesn't mean you love them any less.

In fact, having the courage to tell a Trump voter that you love that they being a bigoted moron is, really, a profound act of love.

People are going to have their feelings hurt. I think that's good. Feelings like that can be healed. Destruction comes at a price.

And not for nothing... but respecting/ loving someone enough to tell them that they're hateful/ bigoted/ whatever shoes you care. It does.

Goddam what a long rant. My apologies. Probably lost a few hundred followers. Have a good week folks. /thread"

Bolded mine.

Bravo random internet dude.

People who voted for Trump don't debate me any more. Of course i'm not on facebook anymore so that cuts down on a lot of random interactions with random people.

If you voted for Trump (and by extension if you DIDN'T vote for Hillary) it says you're ok with racism, sexism, bigotry, xenophobia, etc. As long as you own that, carry on. Keep being offended by her emails. I'll be offended by your casual attitudes towards the most deplorable human behaviours.

I'm not reading that whole thing, but I hope he covered the fact that many people were just glad he came and pretended to care about them, vs Hilary not coming to their towns at all. How racist/bigoted/whatever the people of each area are notwithstanding, the candidate that says "yeah I'll come talk to you directly" is more likely to get people on the fence about whether or not they will vote at all to actually go out and do it than someone that doesn't bother coming to town.

As many have said, the problem the Democrats need to overcome is less converting Trump supporters and more convincing people who just don't care that much, and don't think that the national stage Democrats, or any other political representatives, care about them, that they do matter, that they are needed and appreciated.

That doesn't mean to baby them or kiss their ass or make promises to them. It does mean, apparently, going to a bunch of areas, having speeches/rallies, listening to what they have to say and what they are concerned about, and having some kind of response.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; March 7th, 2017 at 07:09 AM.
    Get that weak shit off my track