Page 869 of 2477 FirstFirst ... 36976981985986786886987087187991996913691869 ... LastLast
Results 8,681 to 8,690 of 24769

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post

This.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Latest exec order on skilled foreign workers.

Does he believe that crap?

Here's a tenner on it being so poorly written that it is essentially useless. Its only purpose being boosting his approval ratings among the die hard chauvinists.
    acket.

Administrator
    My understanding of it (have not read it, but read an article or two on it at lunch yesterday) is that it basically just directs the government to study making changes to incentives for hiring US workers, but that's really about it. Also of note, it only targets H1-B visas (which is a big thing in my industry), but leaves out H2-A and H2-B visas, which covers the kind of employees he hires at Mar-a-Lago.

gee... really?

Administrator
    Also, I know I've mentioned this before, but I've had more than one recruiter tell me that they vastly prefer to hire citizens over H1-B workers. They've all said the same thing, that it's a way bigger hassle to deal with the visa process, there's more paperwork, more chance that something might happen where the guy you've extended the offer to turns out to be ineligible, and that it ends up costing significantly more money. Like I said, my industry has lots of people working here on H1-B visas, and I've never once felt my job threatened by it.

Conservatives only see IMMIGRANTS ARE GETTING JOBS WHILE THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IS 53%?!?!?

Nevermind that the only reason they are getting hired is due to a lack of qualified people in the US. Maybe we should invest in education and not saddle people with 6 figured of debt.

Nah.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/r...r-own-bullshit

Right-Wing Commentators Don't Even Believe Their Own Bullshit

Last year, author Lee Siegel claimed in the Columbia Journalism Review that Colbert's brand of punditry paved the way for the fake news of today. But Colbert's winks were always obvious, and his core audience always understood his meaning. The most successful conspiracy-mongers working in America today have a different strategy entirely—they say whatever they want, and if they're called on it, they can always claim they were joking. Call it the "Colbert Defense." It's the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card and a way for people who cross the line to never have to take responsibility for their actions.

It's doubtful that many people turn to Yiannopoulos or Jones for satire. Certainly the guy who showed up at a DC pizza restaurant with a gun to "investigate" the pizzagate conspiracy that Infowars helped spread didn't think he was watching a comedy program. (Jones later apologized for his coverage of the nonsensical theory.)

Of course, it's one thing if the average Infowars listener doesn't know if he or she is being sold entertainment or news. It's much more terrifying when the president of the United States (himself a Jones fan) is playing the same game where it's unclear how seriously or literally we're supposed to take him. During a campaign event in July, Trump suggested that Russian hackers should go looking for Hillary Clinton's deleted emails, then after an outcry claimed he was being sarcastic.
    Last edited by tigeraid; April 19th, 2017 at 08:08 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I forgot to add to my original post on H1B Visas​.

It's the one thing you've consistently done right since operation paperclip. Why would you not want to offer jobs to the brightest and the best? It's on the same level as North Korea killing their scientists because they can't meet KJU crazy demands.
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    If Trump and Co. don't send us into WWIII, and gets impeached, things might start getting (at least slightly) better as far as finally turning things less right-wing. Bill O'Reilly is out of Fox, Roger Ailes already was, Alex Jones has been outed by his lawyer as a "performance artist"....and a Georgia deep red area nearly elected a Democrat for the first time in 3 decades.