Page 878 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 37877882886887687787887988088892897813781878 ... LastLast
Results 8,771 to 8,780 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    There just aren't enough solid evidences for the republican congress to want to make a move against a president of their own party.

Bullshit. There is plenty to impeach him on. We can start with the emoluments clause. We can go to nepotism. We can ...

Republicans don't want to admit that their party is so shit that the voters rejected the best they had to offer for a caricature of an orangatang who is corrupt and unscrupulous. And they don't want to push him out and make it seem like they are making a power grab because he is popular; the people will turn against them.

But they ultimately lack the balls to simply say "our platform is shit."

Plus, I'm sure even if enough evidences were discovered, I doubt Trump would resign in disgrace like Nixon, I'm willing to bet if he goes down, he will go down with guns ablazing... and hopefully take the entire swamp down with him. Let's just hope he won't start WWIII and take the whole world down with him...
    Don't hold your breath. When he does get impeached... , ... actually, ... hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    So is impeachment something that must be generated from within the political sphere, it isn't something generated from without? (eg: independent prosecutor). Obviously my knowledge of the workings of the USA political system is "at a great distance".

This seems remarkable if true, as that means that a corrupt political base will simply not prosecute their own, regardless of how blatant the level of injustice is. For what is touted as the land of the free, this surprises me.
    Republicans control the House and the Senate. The articles of impeachment have to be brought up in those spheres.

Just as President Obama did put forth a Jobs Bill and an Infrastructure Bill and so forth, but John Boenher never brought them up for a vote in the Congress, any member can invoke them, but the chair of the House and the chair of the Senate have to bring it to the floor for an actual vote.
    Last edited by neanderthal; May 10th, 2017 at 05:06 PM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Saw someone on the face space share a screen cap of Fox news stating that Comey resigned.
    you were expecting something accurate?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Bullshit. There is plenty to impeach him on. We can start with the emoluments clause. We can go to nepotism. We can ...

Yeah, there's at LEAST 3-4 things that are impeachable and some were already there on the day he was elected!

The problem is that there's several other GOP members who seem to be involved with the Russia like Paul Ryan, Bitch Mcconnell (how that asshole ever gets re-elected is crazy) and others.

The rest are too chicken shit or too happy with the way things are going to care.

Do we honestly think Hilary would have kept Comey? How many were calling for his head back during the election? How many of those who were calling for his resignation or firing are now shocked that he got fired?

JFK had Bobby as Attorney General, their father was an Ambassador. Bill named Hilary to a spot on the staff back when he was President and federal appeals judges said the anti nepotism law did not apply to white house staff positions.

You can't fire someone for something they did 7 months ago (that helped you, and you praised, btw), just now that they are investigating you and your administration, and blame it on said bullshit, without people calling it bullshit.

So is impeachment something that must be generated from within the political sphere, it isn't something generated from without? (eg: independent prosecutor). Obviously my knowledge of the workings of the USA political system is "at a great distance".

This seems remarkable if true, as that means that a corrupt political base will simply not prosecute their own, regardless of how blatant the level of injustice is. For what is touted as the land of the free, this surprises me.
    It's up to the various branches of government to check and balance each other. It'll be quite difficult for everyone to become corrupted together... As if all or most of our government officials end up becoming Putin's bitches...

If Americans think the entire govt can't be trusted, our main way of impeaching this corrupt govt will be exercising our guns. Founders know that voting or trials probably won't be very effective anymore if somehow we have a corrupt dictator in charge...

Impeachment rarely happened in the US and none were ever successful. Nixon quit on his own(with just threat of impeachment).

One thing I'd give Trump is that he's never fail to surprise me since the start of his campaign... So I wouldn't be too surprised if he ended up becoming the 1st to be impeached. I also wouldn't be too surprised if he somehow ended up becoming one of the great... We're too close to properly rate him... Assuming we don't all become extinct by nuclear war, I'm sure it'll be interesting looking back from an historian's perspective...

It requires both houses of Congress to impeach the POTUS. Both houses are in Republican party control. Trump is Republican.

It's not going to happen, unless Democrats regain control in Congress.

And Democrats won't regain control in congress any time soon due to districting issues.