Page 886 of 2481 FirstFirst ... 38678683687688488588688788889693698613861886 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,860 of 24806

Thread: Politics

Dems flipped seats in two state races yesterday, one in New Hampshire the other in New Yawk. I hope this becomes a national fucking trend.

Republicans are a disgrace right now.

Female Masturbatory Aid

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...519-story.html

Here's something Trump's doing that got me stumped. Why is he going out of his way helping the historically black colleges? More so than Obama! What gives? Most blacks don't like him and didn't vote for him and even the black students at those colleges hated him and all his supporters...

Just wondering what's in it for Trump for financially helping them like that...

Trump struggled getting votes from the black community, after insulting them in so many ways, so he got a photo op with heads of HBCUs early on in his tenure. It's good that he's doing some small things to help them out, but they still make it sound like they're doing so as a matter of agenda (photo ops, good press, and having a place for blacks to go other than where whites go as proof that school "choice" works) more than an actual interest in helping minorities.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I heard he's been trying to get Fredrick Douglass to help out too

Like he did during the '92 LA riots?

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Trump struggled getting votes from the black community, after insulting them in so many ways, so he got a photo op with heads of HBCUs early on in his tenure. It's good that he's doing some small things to help them out, but they still make it sound like they're doing so as a matter of agenda (photo ops, good press, and having a place for blacks to go other than where whites go as proof that school "choice" works) more than an actual interest in helping minorities.
    Still, he won without black votes. He doesn't need black votes. He doesn't need photo ops with blacks..., other than the black educators who ended up receiving funds, most blacks still hate him. I just don't quite understand what good is he getting out of this gesture. Unless he's trying to purposely piss off white supremacists?

You see why I'm kinda confused?

This dude is not just having photos taken with black educators, but actually supporting them financially! More action than Obama administration! And what is he getting in return? Not much.

I suspect Trump admin's probably using it as an opportunity to ignorantly support school 'choice'... anyway, still early in his admin... we'll see how this goes.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I don't even have to look it up to know that the claim of "more than Obama did" is false.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Trump won the last election partially due to liberal/Democratic voter apathy, towards national government in general and Hilary Clinton in particular. Presumably the Democratic party will have learned from that during the next election, so Trump will need to get more people on his side.

Or maybe it was part of what he talked about with Steve Harvey and Kanye West.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Voter suppression and gerrymandering. #coff