Page 892 of 2488 FirstFirst ... 39279284288289089189289389490294299213921892 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,920 of 24878

Thread: Politics

The point is, you are wearing a backpack, and people can clearly see you have a backpack, yet you deny wearing a backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Here is a common sense, reasoned, cogent, response. Billi, take fucking notes.
    Yes, I will. Also please note that he actually answered my questions without resorting to personally attacking me. Wonder how he managed that!?!?

Billi would say something like "she used an unsecure server" (because right wing propaganda. There really is no such thing as a secure server, THEY CAN ALL BE HACKED!!!!) and when I counter with "ok, so tell me one thing that was in an email sent from the secure server" he'd waffle and talk about the events in Benghazi or some shit.

I'd then turn around and ask him "ok, tell me exactly what she could have done to prevent Benghazi?" and he'd say she's untrustworthy, mumble mumble, Clinton Foundation. Etc etc.

Billi is far better at being Hillary Clinton (non answering direct questions) than she is at being herself.
    Do you really want to cast your vote for me just because of Trump?

Wake up and smell the covfefe, stop laying in bed with eithe the right or left establishment.

TSG is one of the few here who can actually smell the covfefe and not sleep with neither!

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I don't watch TV, the only news I read comes from left-leaning and international media.
    Man, full disclosure. I spent all day today fixing random shit up in a fancy house in Tahoe, and had CNN on all day to keep me company. Great day - tremendous day - to watch CNN. Pulling out of the Paris Accord, Comey's date scheduled, and more on Trump's twitter confraction made for some entertaining news. I did not realize that CNN had devolved into a live squabbling network, but holy shit. Every so often one of the panel people would start saying useful things and then some other panel person would chime in with insults and counterpoints that varied from differing opinions to complete fabrication. My second favorite moment was when some nitwit host asked a "political analyst" to explain why Trump's "I created a million jobs" differed by 100% from the BoL's figure of 500,000. I am so out of touch with this stuff I really don't know if this type of "news" existed pre-Trump, or if these miles-apart factpinions have existed for a while. What a shit show.

My favorite moment was when CNN played a mashup of Trump soundbites "I'm getting us out of the Paris Accord" followed by a "America needs to look after Pittsburg and not Paris" followed by an interview with the mayor of Pittsburg who - in a lot more words - called Trump an asshat. I don't know him, but he seemed really thoughtful and articulate, and I have a lot more respect for a friend's decision to move to Pittsburg now.

After eight hours of that bullshit, though, I'm good on TV news til 2030 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Yes, I will. Also please note that he actually answered my questions without resorting to personally attacking me. Wonder how he managed that!?!?

Do you really want to cast your vote for me just because of Trump?

Wake up and smell the covfefe, stop laying in bed with eithe the right or left establishment.

TSG is one of the few here who can actually smell the covfefe and not sleep with neither!
    I asked you the same question over and over for a month(?) while answering your questions, and you kept refusing to answer it because you knew you were wrong. I get to keep calling you names.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Man, full disclosure. I spent all day today fixing random shit up in a fancy house in Tahoe, and had CNN on all day to keep me company. Great day - tremendous day - to watch CNN. Pulling out of the Paris Accord, Comey's date scheduled, and more on Trump's twitter confraction made for some entertaining news. I did not realize that CNN had devolved into a live squabbling network, but holy shit. Every so often one of the panel people would start saying useful things and then some other panel person would chime in with insults and counterpoints that varied from differing opinions to complete fabrication. My second favorite moment was when some nitwit host asked a "political analyst" to explain why Trump's "I created a million jobs" differed by 100% from the BoL's figure of 500,000. I am so out of touch with this stuff I really don't know if this type of "news" existed pre-Trump, or if these miles-apart factpinions have existed for a while. What a shit show.

My favorite moment was when CNN played a mashup of Trump soundbites "I'm getting us out of the Paris Accord" followed by a "America needs to look after Pittsburg and not Paris" followed by an interview with the mayor of Pittsburg who - in a lot more words - called Trump an asshat. I don't know him, but he seemed really thoughtful and articulate, and I have a lot more respect for a friend's decision to move to Pittsburg now.

After eight hours of that bullshit, though, I'm good on TV news til 2030 or so.

Thats basically what ALL the 24 hour news networks have become. Maybe a while ago they had lots of good journalism but anymore they all seem to opinion debate/argument shows.

With ALL the shit going on they like to just focus on one or two stories for hours upon hours. "here we are in our 3rd hour of coverage with our 63rd guest who we're going to ask for their opinion of the current situation. Which direction do you think the toilet paper rolls are set in the White House? Why do you think the other way is better?"

It's hard not to feel really, really bummed out by all this. I feel for sane Americans stuck with this wacko.

I know he tends to fray some nerves for some people but Robert Reich did a succinct job of tearing down Trump's unbelievable fountain of lies from that speech yesterday. All the shit about India and China's supposed "free passes," this fucking orange idiot. Developing countries that are doing the best they can with the absolute SHIT they have to work with to drag themselves into the future of clean energy. The job-loss argument has been so thoroughly fucking disproven. It's fucking maddening that the guy knows so little about EVERYTHING ON PLANET EARTH.

Last edited by tigeraid; June 2nd, 2017 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    I asked you the same question over and over for a month(?) while answering your questions, and you kept refusing to answer it because you knew you were wrong. I get to keep calling you names.
    You still haven't answered my questions, the ones that TSG took the liberty to answer, so do I have a free pass to call you names now? Com'on. No need to act like a liberal roofer. Anyway, this is what happens when people discuss politics, so I understand, I won't take any insults personally but will try to take in the constructive criticisms. Cheers.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 2nd, 2017 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    It's hard not to feel really, really bummed out by all this. I feel for sane Americans stuck with this wacko.

I know he tends to fray some nerves for some people but Robert Reich did a succinct job of tearing down Trump's unbelievable fountain of lies from that speech yesterday. All the shit about India and China's supposed "free passes," this fucking orange idiot. Developing countries that are doing the best they can with the absolute SHIT they have to work with to drag themselves into the future of clean energy. The job-loss argument has been so thoroughly fucking disproven. It's fucking maddening that the guy knows so little about EVERYTHING ON PLANET EARTH.

Yeah, I suppose the main reason for Trump was to satisfy his 'base'...

But anyway, Trump can't do anything to stop me from going to renewables by installing solar panels on my roof, right?

Or maybe he's trying to come up with a new deal... basically the same deal, but relocated from Paris to a Trump Tower and rename it the Trump Accord and then he'll sign it? His motto is to make America great again, right? So naturally he's not going to submit to Paris, France... no way man... We are the United States of America Dammit! We lead, and do not follow! Just like the English System, even the English have given it up, but we Americans have to make sure the rest of the world convert to OUR units if they wish to do business with us! We the United States will save the world on our own terms! If all else failed, we have SpaceX who can help humanity immigrate to Mars if necessary...

Anyway, the misery will only last 4 years. It'll pass soon.

I have a somewhat related question: In Canada, at least, we have all sorts of tax breaks and perks for supporting/buying/building/switching to renewable energy at a personal, and small-to-medium business level.

Do you guys have programs like this? And will they be drastically affected or disappear entirely because of the White House? Or are they controlled mostly at the State level?

Otherwise, something as simple as "Trump can't stop me from installing solar panels" might be more problematic than you think--or at the very least, cost-prohibitive. If his policies eventually lead to removing ALL of those incentives and crushing anything the supports renewable energy, he'll basically be TURNING his lies into truths--it won't be fiscally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachen596 View Post
    With ALL the shit going on they like to just focus on one or two stories for hours upon hours. "here we are in our 3rd hour of coverage with our 63rd guest who we're going to ask for their opinion of the current situation. Which direction do you think the toilet paper rolls are set in the White House? Why do you think the other way is better?"
    Great point! I watched CNN for eight hours, and they essentially only covered those three topics - there may have been other things mentioned that I missed, but the Paris thing was 80% of the airtime. What an embarrassment!

Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    I know he tends to fray some nerves for some people but Robert Reich did a succinct job of tearing down Trump's unbelievable fountain of lies from that speech yesterday. All the shit about India and China's supposed "free passes," this fucking orange idiot. Developing countries that are doing the best they can with the absolute SHIT they have to work with to drag themselves into the future of clean energy.
    I completely forgot, but Reich was one of the panel people on an evening show, and I was happy to see him. He seemed very strained, as I imagine any reasonable person would be as they try to explain how the world works to not just children, but children who argue. He made some excellent points about developing countries and India & China's energy needs which - and I don't know what I'm talking about - seemed obvious but that the opposition panel people rejected with insane arguments. Poor guy. He tries hard for us.

It's fucking maddening that the guy knows so little about EVERYTHING ON PLANET EARTH.
    Was it Merkel's opposition (I forgot the guy's name) who flat-out said "I don't think Donald Trump understands what the Paris Accord is" - I found that hilarious.

Edit: No, it was Juncker

https://thinkprogress.org/juncker-tr...n-42bffac62b01

“Europe’s duty is to say: it’s not like that,” Juncker said. “The Americans can’t just leave the climate protection agreement. Mr. Trump believes that because he doesn’t know the details.”

He didn’t stop there. Chief White House Correspondent for NBC News Hallie Jackson tweeted that Juncker also noted the lengths European leaders had gone to in trying to explain the Paris accord to Trump while in Taormina, Italy, at the G7 summit.

“We tried to explain that to Mr. Trump in Taormina in clear German sentences,” Juncker said. “It seems that our attempt failed, but the law is the law, and it must be obeyed. Not everything which is law and not everything in international agreements is fake news, and we have to comply with it.”
    What a dunce.
    Last edited by thesameguy; June 2nd, 2017 at 08:54 AM.