Page 910 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 410810860900908909910911912920960101014101910 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,100 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    You say personal responsibility, I say unfettered capitalism. The reason doctors push drugs so often is because that's what they get paid to do by pharma. The reason prisons don't provide a foundation for re-entry into society, is because it's profitable to get the inmate back.
    Far from accurate. The reason they don't bother with talking about it is because nobody fucking listens. Don't get me started on this.

So if they don't talk about it and you don't want to start it... Those who actually want to know would never know...

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Yeah, I don't know. I see people buying energy drinks with food stamps at a local gas station and it makes me a little uneasy. I'm sure a lot of people on government assistance got there because they aren't good at dealing with money... I'm not the person to construct a foolproof system, if one could even be devised, but obviously we can't scale out a system where every citizen requires direct government oversight to function. At some point, you have to incorporate trust in the people. What I do know is that having a Bureau of Food Assistance, a Bureau of House Assistance, a Bureau of Internet Assistance, a Bureau of Child Assistance, a Bureau of Medicine Assistance, and a Bureau of Old People Assistance, creates an enormous amount of redundancy, and that specializing in areas of citizens' lives will not provide the same results as a more holistic, comprehensive approach. Somewhere between credits that can only be spent at a government store and free reign is where we gotta be, I just don't know where. I have heard that since California revised its food assistance program to expand where it can be used and on what it can be used, it's been a better, more successful program. Maybe it's something to look at for a broader system of care.
    Yep, totally agree we don't need govt micromanaging how we spend, and we also don't need that many wasteful ineffective agencies..., but I also don't trust average Americans to not waste the money on drugs or alcohol or latest iPhones...

I think we 1st need to focus on companies able to offer living wages. If you don't perform or just don't fit, at least companies can let you go... Only then govt assistance should kick in. Now if you remain on govt safety net assistance for an extended period of time and still cannot find a decent job or find your niche in the society ..., then perhaps you need govt to intervene and micromanage your life for you... Whether it's to help you quit whatever addictions or mental issues... Hey, if govt is providing shelter and food for you, if you just cannot stand up on your own 2 feet, big govt deserves to have the right to tell you what to do. If you don't want that, then you can move to Canada or Mexico!

Anyway, I just don't believe it's a good idea to just give everyone $1000 or whatever amount of money every month. It may help boost our economy, but average Americans will probably be worse off... poor will still be poorer... And of course the rich will take the money and invest them and be richer!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I have read a bit about the future automation, but I don't think anyone has a really concise idea about what it will entail.
    My prediction is that future incereases coal mine jobs but for robots.
    (nano tubes)
    Other one is that first wave jobs to go is non-hardware service jobs.
    (language AI)

Artificial eye can already beat doctors and atrificial pinch is behind the corner.

For guaranteed income I'd say Henry Ford and salary hike.
    Up to a point all goes to consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post

Hope USA will soon learn that enemy of your enemy will never be your friend!

If you wish to declare war on your enemy, go ahead! But don't try to covertly mess with your enemy by supplying arms to the enemies of your enemy. Hussein and Bin Laden were once the enemies of our enemies... We know how those 2 turned out.

The amazing part to me is that regardless of whether we have W or Obama or Trump, history just keep on repeating itself. We just can't learn for some reason. Actually Trump is too early to tell. He's probably the 1st president to be sleeping with our enemy. Maybe Syria's conflict will finally end thanks to the good relations our president has with Putin.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 19th, 2017 at 07:48 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I think the recent re-freezing of Cuban-US relations sheds some light on other Trump executive failures.

It seems to me that he will not listen to dissenting opinion, I think he even disregards it. This new policy seems to favor a small group of people that opposed the Obama changes. But by making these changes, he is opposing a number of people, I would say the majority, that were not necessarily in favor of Cuba, but rather supported a strengthening stance of the U.S. in the hemisphere as a force of diplomacy.

I think he groups together the "negatives" and the "haters" and foregoes the added knowledge that comes from giving some merit to your opponent's arguments and reflecting on their validity.
    acket.

He DGAF what anyone thinks. Anything he does is pretty much based on Obama = bad. They're just trying to undo anything with his name on it. No matter how generally accepted it was/is.

Administrator
    I think he does and doesn't. I think part of the reason Obama = bad is because the people on Fox and Friends keep saying so. I remember him saying not too long ago that he thought Obama was nice, but then found out that Obama was tapping his office (he wasn't) and now seems on a tear to undo essentially anything related to Obama. He also thinks he's a great judge of character and surrounds himself with people he sees as "loyal", and those people often can get his ear. Those people often are yes-men who ultimately have their own agenda, but he believes he's powerful enough to punish those that would cross him.

At least that's how I see it. When it comes to the Fox and Friends thing, though, you can literally correlate his irate morning tweetstorms with things they say.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.