Page 93 of 2481 FirstFirst ... 438391929394951031431935931093 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Hmm..., wow. I had no idea who these bros are until now. I used to love Coke, but not anymore!

The Koch Brothers are literally the antichrist. Literally. Some sort of evil Voltron. I don't know what happens when they combine, but it won't be good.

Geez.

They need to stop calling it "White Privelage" for one thing. Many people feel they don't have privileged lives. Even if they do have an advantage, they won't consider themselves "privileged". They need to use a different term to describe the socioeconomic advantage. Like John Stewart did when he called it a "Factor".

So you actually agree with Bill O'Riley?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Hmm..., wow. I had no idea who these bros are until now. I used to love Coke, but not anymore!

Koch is pronounced like Coke. He made a play on words.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    Koch is pronounced like Coke. He made a play on words.
    Oh, I understood it...otherwise I'd have posted:

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    A few months before the war [ended], there was a meeting that I talk about in the book where he met at a safe house in Zurich with Himmler’s ex-chief of staff, who was trying to save his own skin. He realized the war was about to be over in a few months, and he was understandably afraid of being charged in all sorts of war crimes. This was Himmler’s chief of staff. He was involved in setting up the train network that led millions of Jews and others to their deaths. And Dulles thought that this general, General Karl Wolff, could help end the war earlier. As it turned out, they ended the war maybe two weeks earlier in the region in Italy that Wolff controlled. But as part of these negotiations, they were sipping Scotch over a lovely fireside in Zurich. For months and months after the war, even for the first couple of years, Dulles really effectively protected General Wolff, Himmler’s ex-chief of staff, from war crimes charges. And Wolff went from being a chief defendant, one of the top Nazi defendants at Nuremberg, to being merely a witness, and served virtually no time in prison. In fact, even when he was nominally a prisoner as a POW, he was allowed to wear a gun. He went boating on the weekends in Austria. He led sort of a charmed life after the war, thanks to the help of Allen Dulles, who went on to become the first director of the CIA.
    ...And justice for all. Right?
    acket.

Man, hard to say. If you were the relative of one of the people who would have died in those two weeks in question, maybe it wasn't such a bad trade. One guy's sentence in exchange for two, two hundred, or two thousand lives? Seems like a deal worth considering.

Lots of rocket technology and much else was obtained by similar deals. Operation Paperclip.