Page 933 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 433833883923931932933934935943983103314331933 ... LastLast
Results 9,321 to 9,330 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Billy, spend some time reading the classics!
    It's a relatively short article, homes, and it should deepen your understanding of the power struggles of the elites, and how the democratic process has been hijacked. The more you know, the best you can defend your raza and your familia.

The American elite is not composed of representative men whose conduct and character constitute models for American imitation and aspiration. There is no set of men with whom members of the mass public can rightfully and gladly identify. In this fundamental sense, America is indeed without leaders. Yet such is the nature of the mass public's morally cynical and politically unspecified distrust that it is readily drained off without real political effect. That this is so, after the men and events of the last thirty years, is further proof of the extreme difficulty of finding and of using in America today the political means of sanity for morally sane objectives
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    You did leave out the part about electoral politics. Hold it there.

If you go up one level, most governments have laws preventing foreign nationals from participating in politics in their country. That's even at the public debate level, which they may participate in, but they can't cross the line onto discussing electoral politics, much less present an opinion about a participant in electoral competitions. There's also laws against the use of resources from foreign nationals in elections. But this goes beyond, a government official works by using government funds, this isn't "a Russian", it's someone operating with foreign government funds not acting for individual reasons but on state policy. This proves the Russian state used funds to participate in American electoral contests which, I think is at least unlawful.
    I absolutely do not disagree with you - that is absolutely on the table.

BUT, Junior didn't meet with a state official, he met with "a Kremlin connected lawyer." Natalia Veselnitskaya is a private Russian citizen, not a state employee. I believe she is essentially a lobbyist. It's unknown whether he even knew she was a Russian citizen or that she was connected with the Russian government (as a lobbyist). All he ostensibly knew was that someone promised him damaging information about Clinton. I'll readily agree it's very murky, and I'll happily admit I want him and his entire family to go down in flames, and I'll even acknowledge there is a lot of smoke so there probably has to be a fire. But, based on the known facts, we've got nothing. Yet. All we know for certain is that Junior agreed to meet a person with a Russian-sounding last name who offered dirt on Clinton. That's not illegal, or even approaching illegal. Until we establish what he actually knew, or what he did if he found out, it's just more smoke. I have my opinions, but that's all they are.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Billy, spend some time reading the classics!
    It's a relatively short article, homes, and it should deepen your understanding of the power struggles of the elites, and how the democratic process has been hijacked. The more you know, the best you can defend your raza and your familia.
    Mario, it's a good read and couldn't agree with it more..., but I'm a bit confused why you wanted me to read that? Just an FYI or did you think my comment implies that I believe Donnie "deserves" to be where he is today because he's better at playing the system than Hillary? I think I'm pretty aware that most of our politicians and our CEOs do not represent average Americans... The powerful and the rich in US are now pretty corrupted behind closed doors while pretending to be just and fair out in the open.

This is why I like Sanders and believe the country needs somebody like Sanders. Hillary just won't do..., unless people really enjoy status quo... then I'm sure she'll do a fine job.

BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!!!!!!!

But, seriously though. He went to a meeting specifically to get information from someone connected to a foreign govt, that he thought would help his father/hurt Hillary.
    (Read the Emails on Donald Trump Jr.’s Russia Meeting)

This headline sums up my feelings on it.
    If There Was No Collusion with Russia, It Wasn’t for Lack of Trying
    Last edited by 21Kid; July 11th, 2017 at 10:14 AM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I have a feeling something big is about to go down regarding Trump-Russia....BIG, because Trump treasons the BIGGEST
    ....maybe this was the big thing

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!!!!!!!

But, seriously though. He went to a meeting specifically to get information from someone connected to a foreign govt, that he thought would help his father/hurt Hillary.
    Totally, but that is not illegal. On either side.

(Read the Emails on Donald Trump Jr.’s Russia Meeting)

This headline sums up my feelings on it.
    It's my opinion as well, but failing to break into a house even with the intent of robbing it isn't a B&E...

There's no law for attempted collusion?

There's laws for attempted ...almost everything else.

Well, he didn't actually kill anyone, so it's not murder.

Prosecuting a thought crime is extremely difficult. I don't think I've ever seen someone prosecuted for reading a website and buying a gun... you've at least gotta wave the gun in someone's face to get an attempted murder. There are conspiracy charges, of course, but you need to have a lot of evidence - I mean, like a written out plan, to get that sort of conviction.

Meeting with an individual who is not a government official is not illegal. Meeting with someone who is not a government official who has damaging information about another party is not illegal. It's only illegal if that person created the information illegally, or obtained it illegally, or knew its origin is illegal. Proving any of those things happened is difficult, and it appears in this case no such information actually traded hands anyway.

Look, I'm not defending anyone on the Trump team - regardless of whether they colluded with the Russians or not they ran a slimy campaign and they're slimy, reprehensible people. But there is a problem when "good people" are willing to create or ignore details just to get their way. Unless there is evidence that Junior knowingly received stolen information or you can somehow prove he intended to (which is essentially impossible) what did he do wrong? [Unfortunately,] nothing. If he'd texted "OMG illegal 411 on Hills cumming my way 2nite!!!" I'd feel differently.

FWIW, and Swervo cover your eyes, this is exactly what Hillary did with her email. Comey acknowledged "there were potential violations" but that they did not investigate because "such matters are rarely prosecuted." Proving Clinton knowingly broke the law or knowingly covered it up is very, very difficult. It's proving thought crime. Again, to quote Comey, "the FBI only prosecutes clear cut cases" and her email server was not clear cut. A lack of investigation is not an exoneration.

There wasn't sufficient evidence to righteously nail Clinton, and there isn't sufficient evidence to nail Junior. It's just more smoke, just more hints at a fire. But it's not the fire.
    Last edited by thesameguy; July 11th, 2017 at 11:17 AM.

But...

His...

EMAILS!!!!!

I did. Twice. Are you reading something I am not?