Page 940 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 440840890930938939940941942950990104014401940 ... LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,400 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Can I be a human being 100% of the time? Can I spend 100% of my time within the Earth's atmosphere?

I feel very comfortable in saying that my asshole is, 100% of the time, a literal asshole. It has never been a tuba or a fin whale or a mariachi band. It does not become a being made of pure light that rains blessings down upon the world while I sleep (though that would be kinda cool).

Heck, I'd say that the term "literal" actually defines it as 100% that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I hope that somebody just reads my previous post who also has Billi on mute and chooses not to look at the context. I like that one out of context.
    That you clarified that the arsehole post was in relation to a billi post says a lot.

I read your post, because I didn't see billis, since he's blocked, and i immediately knew that the influence of billi was hovering around your post. It was just too random, too basic in explaining what your arsehole is, too out there to be almost anyone else'. It's a sad commentary

but democrats lost because they couldn't speak to the issues of the people... or because of her emails... or something.

Meanwhile this third world bullshit (this is exactly how Mugabe has stayed in power in Zimbabwe, redistricting the electoral borders into large "pizza slices" where the liberal pointy end of the pizza is in the city and is drowned out by the conservative big end in the country.) is exactly how large swathes of the country still remain so red.

Republican Party just plays the political system to their advantage better overall.

Anyway, let's say redistricting were the main reason DNC lost, who are you going to blame for that? You can blame the Republican Party all you want, but that won't help you win the next election.

Bottom line is that DNC needs some sort of reform. They shouldn't be losing, but they are. Blaming others won't help them win.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Anyway, let's say redistricting were the main reason DNC lost, who are you going to blame for that? You can blame the Republican Party all you want, but that won't help you win the next election.
    Yup, and when I previously mentioned that, no response.

If you believe that the system is rigged, that the only way to play the game is to cheat, and that Americans are dumb you can either:

1. Assert righteousness until you're blue in the face and hope a bunch of yelling and angry words sway people
    2. Change your tactics
    3. Give up
    You're saying Hillary was sabotaged and that Obama benefitted from being black and that liberal voters are gerrymandered into unwinning districts. All three? So white people won't get minority voters, women won't vote on sex lines, and liberals have insufficient voting power in general, and the conservative media/donor structure is a nearly insurmountable force for Republicans? What does that mean? We can only have male black presidents now?
    Love to have more thoughts on the way we get out of this, but rage is also fun.

against the machine?

or

against the dying of the light?

Do we have to choose?

Choose both!!!!

Administrator
    Trump ran under the premise that he wasn't a politician. He's now defending potential collusion by saying that's just what politicians do.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-tweet/533856/

"There was no collusion"

"I had nothing to do with it"

"I'm new, I didn't understand"

"It's just what politicians do"

Trump = Billi