Page 952 of 2481 FirstFirst ... 4528529029429509519529539549621002105214521952 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,520 of 24808

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Racism exists. This is an indisputable fact or undeniable reality.

Cops shooting people dead unnecessarily... or simply other forms of unnecessary roughness... This is also a problem.

They are both bad..., I've never stated that racism isn't so bad, it's just that I think the other problem is worse and is more easily fixable.

BLM movement sort of masked the real issue of police excessive force problem. It's kinda ironic that it took a 'squeaky clean white woman' for people to realize Twin Cities police is kinda fucked up. There are no more excuses, no black men to blame. They need to fix themselves!

Here's an example of how racist twin cities police confused dogs as black men:
    https://www.minnpost.com/glean/2017/...-dogs-released
    (Warning, if you're a dog lover, don't watch the fucking video.)

So I really believe the problem is bigger than racism. Stirring up racial tensions won't really help the excessive force issue... and it'll only end up making the police more nervous...

One thing I'd give to Neanderthal though... that it's obvious now that white life is more important than black lives and dog lives. I really thought the dog incident might cause a more significant backlash, but nope... it took this white woman to roll the head of the police chief.
    What a stunningly blind response.

You're saying that the death of this lady has shined a light on excessive police use if force in Minneapolis? That's great! Because something can be done about that.

Except, it's not just a Minneapolis problem. There goes your theory.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Solid points all around. I'm not sure I'd go so far as to weight racism vs. excessive force, but you're right that one of those can be addressed with a structure and the other cannot be managed in any way. At the end of the day, I suppose you can be as racist, misogynist, prejudiced, and bigoted as you want to so long as I can't tell from your behavior. Keep that shit quiet, don't tell anyone, yes, you're all alone with your insane ideas and you should be ashamed of them. Act like a professional, treat people with respect (even if you don't respect them), be fair and impartial. As long as you do that, hate me for whatever reason as much as you want. Do your job, do it right. How you feel is up to you.
    But that's not how it works. Cops cover for each other and when they don't (<--- not all cops), the union doesn't do shit, and the DA won't press charges and when they do because they have to, a stone cold killer gets found not guilty by a jury that's prejudiced to think the cops are always innocent.

Micheal Slager's jury deadlocked. Deadlocked. Even with video clearly showing him shooting an unarmed man. Shooting him in the back. Shooting him multiple times. Not under threat of violence or any type of self defense.
    And the first thing his dept tried to say was it was self defense. They got together and concocted a story and were found out.

So, just because someone is professional, it doesn't mean anything when society at large thinks the pathology of blacks is criminality and cops is innocence.

But I still want that fucker to act professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    That's where you're wrong. It's for his gain. The most important gain there is. He's losing the support of every sane person in this country by his inability to get anything reasonable done, so now he just has to focus on the unreasonable!
    I'm pretty sure war with North Korea ids inevitable. Trump does NOT want us looking at his finances. And he's going to shore up what little support he has just as you've said.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    But that's not how it works. Cops cover for each other and when they don't (<--- not all cops), the union doesn't do shit, and the DA won't press charges and when they do because they have to, a stone cold killer gets found not guilty by a jury that's prejudiced to think the cops are always innocent.
    Fair enough. What would your approach be?

Fair enough. What would your approach be?
    I don't have an answer. See underlined below.

But certainly, start by requiring deescalation. Non lethal weapons. Bodycams. Proper investigations of police shootings, rather than the blue line circling around the wagons. Charging cops who shoot first. Put their fucking pensions on the line.

But, then again, juries will let em go free. Welcome to AmeriKKKa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    That's where you're wrong. It's for his gain. The most important gain there is. He's losing the support of every sane person in this country by his inability to get anything reasonable done, so now he just has to focus on the unreasonable!
    The doubly sad bit about that concept is that if it's true (by intention, rather than by accident), while reaffirming his intentions for nutjob supporters, he just continues to galvanize a whole different group against him. Zero sum game. Which of course completely fits in with his poorly thought out behavior.

So our only option is to kill all those cops then. Problem solved. We all can just rely on our own guns.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    I don't have an answer. See underlined below.

Welcome to AmeriKKKa.
    Sorry man, I'm just not that much of a cynic. I'm not going to live in that universe with you.

The USA is an inherently racist country. You have to remember that the reconstitution amendments in the constitution specifically declare the full rights of a human being to blacks. That's a shameful thing that they had to enshrine it into the constitution. Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing. But, the inherent racism cut so deep they had to guarantee those rights in the law of the land.

And, even today, we still have efforts to disenfranchise voters. But, that's us getting sidetracked.

Sorry man, I'm just not that much of a cynic. I'm not going to live in that universe with you.
    You have the luxury of being a cynic in this arena. I don't.
    Last edited by neanderthal; July 27th, 2017 at 10:17 PM.