Page 956 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 4568569069469549559569579589661006105614561956 ... LastLast
Results 9,551 to 9,560 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    That's some solid victim blaming there, Billi. To paraphrase, "It's your fault for not assuming that you won't get shot to death for not doing anything wrong."
    Please don't quote nor paraphrase me. Especially not twist my words. I hate that. I already have communication issues so you don't need to twist my words into something I didn't say.

Either back up your claim or apologize for your fake paraphrase please.

Incredibly tone deaf guy tries to make a point; fails spectacularly and throws in some casual racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Cops can easily use the same logic. I don't have the luxury to assume this black guy is not a bad guy... You don't know what's it like to put your life on the line, blah blah blah...

Anyway, if you wish to live your live assuming every cop is a racist asshole out to get you, more power to you I guess.
    If you're a cop you sign up for that shit. It's kinda how it works. Just like if one is a nurse, they've essentially signed up to see blood and gore. If one is a teacher, they know they're going to be dealing with other peoples kids. It's kinda how the fucking thing works!

Do you really believe the actions of shooting dogs and white woman were the result of cops mistaking them for black guys?

Not denying racism, but the police force is also fucked up in other ways. If we can fix that, I'm sure we will also have less black deaths.
    No dummy, YOU SAID THAT!!!!!

It's bad for cops,da,and the public to assume all blacks are criminals.
    Yes

It's also bad to assume that they are all racists!
    Nowhere have I said such. However, I have said I don't have the luxury of assuming I will be treated ordinarily/ fairly in any given circumstance. This completely changes how I live my life. Guess how many loud parties I've had. None. Guess how many quiet gatherings i've had. None. Guess how many highly modified cars i've had. None. Guess how much "urban wear/ jewelry/ accessories" I have. None. No Jordans. Ever. Not one pair. None. I do go to parties, cookouts, bbqs etc, but I leave early. Every time. Before alcohol starts becoming a factor.
    But yeah, keep telling me how I shouldn't make assumptions about MY life.

Like tsg said earlier, it's okay to expect the worse, but it's also important to not forget about hoping for the best too.
    Philando Castille expected to be treated like an honest upright citizen. He's dead.
    Sandra Bland was pulled over for not signalling a lane change. She's dead.
    Walter Scott had a broken tail light. He's dead.
    John Crawford is dead. "A black man has a gun at Walmart." They sell guns there, he's not allowed to buy one? Well, he's fucking dead.
    Tamir Rice is dead. He was 12.
    Bruce Warrick was shot immediately after being told o put his hands up.
    There's a whole list of people who's names I can give you. Dead.

Charles Kinsey, shot while lying on the ground on his back with his arms clearly up, taking care of an autistic patient, trying to get him up from where he sat, the middle of a road.

Black burglary suspects are depicted with mugshots and white suspects depicted with their yearbook photo. Same paper. Same crime. Published within a day of each other.

You've got balls to tell Swervo not to paraphrase you. Big fucking brass ones.

You do ME a favor. Don't fucking tell me how to live my life. Don't suggest a sunny side up attitude or mentality. Don't you dare preach to me what expectations I need to have in any given situation. Don't begin to assume you know me, you know what i've lived through, what i've seen, what i've heard. And don't you deign to make any assumptions or judgements about such nor use the pathetic excuse of your poor communication of your misbegotten ideas.

Thank you.

Fine forget you.

We have dead dogs and white woman too. Yes, the numbers don't quite compare to number of black men, but I think it's clear that it's not just a racial problem but an incompetence problem.

Is it wrong of me to ask the police to become more competent 1st?

Or must we just make sure that there are as many dead dogs and white folks as black men?

Administrator
    Please don't quote nor paraphrase me. Especially not twist my words. I hate that. I already have communication issues so you don't need to twist my words into something I didn't say.

Either back up your claim or apologize for your fake paraphrase please.
    Seriously? You're the king of putting words in other people's mouths on here. You insist that anyone that points out institutional racism therefore believes that all cops are members of the KKK. You always say "Well, if you don't believe this thing, then you must believe this polar opposite". That's like your defining trait on here, putting words in other people's mouths. Suddenly this is the thing that sets you off? Go look in the mirror.

And it's taking everything in me to not just mock the fuck out of you for saying "don't quote[...]me". If you don't want to get quoted, don't fucking say it.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; July 29th, 2017 at 09:06 PM.

Incredibly tone deaf idiot, KEEPS BEING TONE DEAF, in the midst of almost everybody else saying "hey, you're being tone deaf." You're quite the fuckwit.

Fine forget you.

We have dead dogs and white woman too. Yes, the numbers don't quite compare to number of black men, but I think it's clear that it's not just a racial problem but an incompetence problem.

Is it wrong of me to ask the police to become more competent 1st?

Or must we just make sure that there are as many dead dogs and white folks as black men?

For fucks sake. This is politics thread.

Can we keep our quota to one train wreck per thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Seriously? You're the king of putting words in other people's mouths on here. You insist that anyone that points out institutional racism therefore believes that all cops are members of the KKK. You always say "Well, if you don't believe this thing, then you must believe this polar opposite". That's like your defining trait on here, putting words in other people's mouths. Suddenly this is the thing that sets you off? Go look in the mirror.

And it's taking everything in me to not just mock the fuck out of you for saying "don't quote[...]me". If you don't want to get quoted, don't fucking say it.
    Just because I'm king, doesn't mean you need to be my queen.

Can you help me find the words that I said which resulted in your paraphrase or you just wish to remain my train wreck queen?

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Incredibly tone deaf idiot, KEEPS BEING TONE DEAF, in the midst of almost everybody else saying "hey, you're being tone deaf." You're quite the fuckwit.
    This is an Internet forum, excuse me for not hearing any tones.

Again, is it a train wreck kind of idea to want police to become more competent 1st?

You don't know what's it like to be me. If you don't want an optimistic outlook of the future at all, fine. However, I'm optimistic about the future. I'm hopeful dr kings dream will eventually come true.

Let's just agree to disagree.