Page 967 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 4678679179579659669679689699771017106714671967 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,670 of 24780

Thread: Politics

You realise, of course, that on this forum I am geographically closest to the DPRK.

I would also like to be able to visit Seoul again at some point, and other parts of Korea such as Jeju, as well as places I haven't been to in Japan (which is everywhere apart from Tokyo). I would really like to do so without having to wear an NBC suit.

I am also hoping that my children won't have to grow up worrying TOO much about radiation poisoning, but hey...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Kim Jong Un is not irrational. And by the looks of it, he is disciplined to the advice of his staff.

Trump is a fucking disaster in foreign relations. If we didn't have a vassal government that is really regressive and authoritarian (and 2,000 violent deaths per month to keep us occupied), any of the shit he's pulled on our country would have had severe diplomatic/trade consequences.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; August 9th, 2017 at 05:09 AM.
    acket.

Administrator
    The FBI apparently carried out an early morning warrant search of one of Paul Manafort's homes back on Jul. 26th. Notable in that they got a warrant -- that requires probable cause, vs. a subpoena which does not.

Administrator
    Also, I'd like to take a moment to thank Jill Stein for repeatedly saying that Clinton was a warmonger who would start World War III, whereas it was much less likely under Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Also, I'd like to take a moment to thank Jill Stein for repeatedly saying that Clinton was a warmonger who would start World War III, whereas it was much less likely under Trump.
    HAHA! That's funny dude. Yeah, blame it on Stein.

What about Gary Johnson?

How about let's blame Billi too?

Yes, it's always somebody else's fault... that NK has nuke ready to strike American soil.

If Hillary were not a proven warmonger, she wouldn't be called a warmonger.

If Hillary at least pretend to be and like Bernie Sanders, she could've easily be in the white house. But no..., she has to cozy up with Wall Street, defender of the established status quo... and a warmonger.

Since I voted for that chick, I feel the need to defend her a bit and call your thank you note a BS... goto 4:40 to see the Mooch question Stein on this topic:

Trump is a loose cannon... and I think Fox was a bit disappointed and realized that they wasted their time that Stein won't ask her supporters to go for Trump in the end...

Anyway, it's better that Trump picked on north Korea than Russia I guess.

If NK really fires something, fingers crossed that the anti-missile missile we've been working on for years can actually work for real...
    If Russia fires their missiles, there's no way we have the capability to intercept all of them...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 9th, 2017 at 10:20 AM.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Foreign policy shouldn't depend on "I hope our anti-missile missiles work".

Also, no one is "blaming it on Stein". Stein has nothing to do with North Korea having nukes. He's calling Stein out for what Stein said.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    That's an interesting thing, because if they worked 100%, foreign policy would be a lot different. If we were smart, we'd invest trillions into a network of satellites with lasers to shoot down missiles aimed at us. That would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post

Also, no one is "blaming it on Stein". Stein has nothing to do with North Korea having nukes. He's calling Stein out for what Stein said.
    Swervo sometimes like to paraphrase people incorrectly and he makes no apologies about it. So I'm calling Swervo out for needlessly thanking Stein.

Just to be clear, I don't recall Stein ever said Trump, the loose cannon, will be safer than the proven warmonger. We had to pick between 2 evils. My choice was neither. She's also pretty clear that she's won't be supporting Trump on Fox news even if she's dead in the water.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 9th, 2017 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    That's an interesting thing, because if they worked 100%, foreign policy would be a lot different. If we were smart, we'd invest trillions into a network of satellites with lasers to shoot down missiles aimed at us. That would be amazing.
    I think we've already spent too much money on this..., if there's anything we can learn from star wars or star trek is that we need 'shields'!!!

"Red Alert! Prepare phasers to counter act their phasers and lock on to their photon torpedos with our photon torpedos!!!"

Anyway, too bad most of our brilliant minds are stuck in the financial and computer sector... that's why we can have tremendous wealth and amazing computing/connectivity... yet we have no flying cars nor space exploration nor shields...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 9th, 2017 at 10:17 AM.

Administrator
    I'll just leave this right here.

Also this.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...der_trump.html

I wouldn't have thought much about it except now she's on Twitter asking people to "flood the White House switchboard" begging Trump to stop escalating nuclear tensions with North Korea.