Page 975 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 4758759259659739749759769779851025107514751975 ... LastLast
Results 9,741 to 9,750 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    I see racism as a specific type/subset of prejudice, not that they are two things of different magnitude.
    There is no magnitude. They are different things, with different psychological roots, and different societal outcomes. There only relationship they have is that racism may involve prejudice (it also may not, although as I mentioned earlier that's a really hard stance to defend today).

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/racism
    Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/prejudice
    Preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

Did Trump tweet that "many sides" nonsense or did it come out his mouth? If it was a tweet it's gone now.

Covfefe

Administrator
    I thought it was a tweet, but having a hard time finding it now.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; August 13th, 2017 at 08:31 PM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    while it's very sad that there was so much death and destruction at this rally, can I say that it may be something to distract Trump away from North Korea for now? He really has the attention span of a goldfish, so maybe this will at least ease tension on that part of the world for now....until NK does something else stupid at least.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    Did Trump tweet that "many sides" nonsense or did it come out his mouth? If it was a tweet it's gone now.

Covfefe
    He said it at a news conference. He then followed by mentioning himself, Barack Obama, and then refusing to answer questions because he was in the middle of a publicity legislation signing.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Ah ok fair enough. Typical.

His tweet was just something like 'I'm doing things and stuff... but C'ville bad!'

Why the scariest nuclear threat could be from within the Whitehouse.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...-michael-lewis

Amazing and worrying. I had no idea.

The lack of understanding of how things work by Trump's staff is astounding. They clearly watched the highlight reel, but all that stuff that makes everything work for the vast majority of people is just completely off the radar. Admittedly, one thing I really liked about Trump's campaign was the whole "drain the swamp" thing (which turned out to be lies, but was nonetheless appealing) but I personally never appreciated exactly what that entailed. Having been on the receiving side of several corporate acquisitions you'd think I'd have a better appreciation for the task of explaining to the new people what the old people do and how insane it would be to scale that to government levels, but it seriously never occurred to me.

What's particularly scary about Right Now, is that Trump brought in a bunch of outside people who are not interested in or are opposed to much of how the government works. The only point of interest appears to be cronyism, not actually running a country. Hell, not even running a business. It's like they bought the retail presence but forgot that R&D, distribution, sales, and accounting are part of the deal.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-arpaio-report

President Trump told Fox News he is “seriously considering” a pardon for Joe Arpaio, the controversial former sheriff of Maricopa Country, Ariz.

Arpaio was found guilty of criminal contempt last month after he was ordered to stop racially profiling Latinos in his Maricopa County office.

“I am seriously considering a pardon for Sheriff Arpaio,” Trump told Fox News at his Bedminster, N.J., golf club, where he had been staying during a vacation.

“He has done a lot in the fight against illegal immigration. He’s a great American patriot and I hate to see what has happened to him.”

Arpaio has been an outspoken opponent of illegal immigration and used aggressive tactics as sheriff that landed him in court, including pulling over Latinos that he suspected were in the country illegally.

The former sheriff endorsed Trump last year and appeared with him on the campaign trail.