Page 988 of 2477 FirstFirst ... 4888889389789869879889899909981038108814881988 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,880 of 24769

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Too true Drew. (That should be a thing... Like Right said Fred.)nailed it.
    It's fucking amazing. You see it. I see it. Drew sees it. Stevie fucking Wonder sees it. Billi? Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    So, I ask again; exactly how does modern day conservatism line up more favorably with Gods word than liberalism? Concrete examples. Please.
    I don't think you understood me properly yet again. Modern day, or mainstream christian conservatives only 'think' that they are lining up more favorably with God's word than liberals. If they are indeed lining up more favorably with God and His Word, then I'd be lining up with them.

I'm also not lining up with modern day liberals either. Jesus also wasn't into counter protesting against the conservative pharisees, who actually wanted him dead, back in his days. If you truly wish to demonstrate your love for God by obeying Him, then you'll also have to learn to try to love your conservative neighbors also. If you can do that, then you are truly christ-like. I'd not only line up with the liberals, but also vote for you for whatever public office!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 21st, 2017 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Mo... why do you do this to yourself man? You know he's just going to backtrack and say the exact opposite. Then you're going to get frustrated because he can't put together a sane argument supporting his ideas.
    It's like you're the billie whisperer. You nailed that thing like Randy Johnson nailed that pigeon in that one game

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I am on a mission from God too, but I don't really share Pence's vision though...

Main stream Christianity may lean toward the conservative side,
    Spoiler:
    but I don't believe the real Jesus would join either party. My pastor preaches that Jesus is not a republican nor is he a democrat, heck, he's not even American!

Spoiler:
    I hope you can read my 'nonsense' carefully without any barriers to distort what I say..., and I hope from my post, you can tell that I don't consider myself a 'mainstream' Christian... that's because based on my interpretation of the Bible, the real Jesus would not lean to either side.

But anyway,
    to answer you're question, why mainstream Christianity leans conservative? Well, because of the so called 'biblical truth'
    Spoiler:
    I think. For the obvious stuffs like abortion rights and gay marriages. Most Christians tend to focus too much on the 'truth' part, but they tend to forget about the 'grace' part. Jesus is the Truth, but scripture is also clear that he is full of grace AND truth. Grace tend to lean on the liberal side...
    and truth tend to lean on the conservative side.
    Spoiler:
    Jesus is both. During his time on earth, he hangs around poor shepherds, fisherman, or whatever sinful hippies... and they all loved him, yet, Jesus didn't become poor and sinful with them... It's the religious conservatives back then that hated Jesus the most and eventually plotted to kill him. Jesus is definitely pro eternal life, but he allows us the choice to reject him if we want. Jesus is also definitely pro-man loving man... and would allow apostle John to lay his head on his chest like lovers while dining with Jesus, but I doubt Jesus actually allowed John to have sex with him...

Anyway, point I'm making is that mainstream christianity in the US are not really representing Jesus Christ... because Jesus was definitely for free healthcare... and he also miraculously generated free wine and food for folks. Something the conservatives tend to conveniently forget about...,
    Spoiler:
    but it's understandable I suppose. We humans tend to see our limited resources and forget about being gracious to each other. It also showed how little faith the conservatives have in a supposedly all powerful God.

So if it were a vote between Pence and the atheist Sanders, my vote will be for
    the atheist... because he is more Christ-like.[spoiler]
    Spoiler:
    Anyway, pretty sure most people don't want to turn this into a religious thread... so let's try to stick to politically related topics.

Pence and the likes of typical American christian conservatives are forgetting about the gracious part of Jesus... and emphasis too much on Jesus being the Truth, Way and Life.

I think we can both agree with the Jesus' graciousness or liberalness...
    Spoiler:

Regarding examples of Jesus' conservativeness... well, let's take the 2 main commands from Jesus as simple examples.

1) love God
    2) love others

Conservatives tend to over emphasize on 1, following God's words as faithfully as possible, but then often end up forgetting about 2. (What, my neighbors have no healthcare? Too bad. We'll pray for them...)
    Liberals tend to emphasize on 2 and don't really care that much about 1...

So my ultimate point is that if we can have a Christian Bernie Sanders... or at least some sort of deist Bernie Sanders, he would've been an ideal person to lead this country. Jesus is a guy who combines both 1 and 2 and I personally believe that's what we should emulate. However, if I can only pick one or the other, I would lean toward 2(liberal side)... because we need politicians who actually care about the people... it's suppose to be government of the people anyway... we didn't quite set this country up to be a government of God.

Anyway, and it's unfortunate that american people are becoming more and more polarizing... either toward 1 or toward 2... it's very rare to see true centrists who can appreciate both good conservative and good liberal values at the same time. Often times each side only 'trumps' up their goodness and ignore their weaknesses.

For this country to be great again, right and left hands need to be able to work together.

It's a triumph of Trumpian logic contained in a circus, run by clowns, overseen by monkeys, tripping on acid made by clownfish, who live in an aquarium filled with pure alcohol, made by distilling all the waste and filth of the earth, and purifying it with 100% pure yak bullshit. Or something like that.

He literally starts by saying christianity is more conservative, and ends up by concluding the very opposite. And that's his actual argument. All that verbosity is him defending his thesis. And at no point is there a "oh, wait, this isn't saying what I want it to say" moment, a light bulb moment, a eureka moment. It's a trainwreck of words smashed into a shit sandwich and presented as a debate.

I can't. I just can't.

Except, I just did.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    What happened to the Billi spoilers?

Give back that purple heart, boy.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    He literally starts by saying christianity is more conservative, and ends up by concluding the very opposite. And that's his actual argument. All that verbosity is him defending his thesis. And at no point is there a "oh, wait, this isn't saying what I want it to say" moment, a light bulb moment, a eureka moment. It's a trainwreck of words smashed into a shit sandwich and presented as a debate...
    This is how I started out. You are latching on to the former, whereas my point is about the later bolded part.

Main stream Christianity may lean toward the conservative side, but I don't believe the real Jesus would join either party. My pastor preaches that Jesus is not a republican nor is he a democrat, heck, he's not even American!
    Politics as usually resulted in Trump and Hillary. Neither will make American great again... nor will America be better because we're just not together.

Spoiler:
    This is how I started out. You are latching on to the former, whereas my point is about the later bolded part.

Politics as usually resulted in Trump and Hillary. Neither will make American great again... nor will America be better because we're just not together.

So, you're saying christianity is conservative but Jesus is liberal?

Because Christianity is the followers of Christ. And if Christ is liberal then how is Christianity, following Christ, conservative?

Exactly.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    whatthefuckČ

Why did Trump flip-flop on Afghanistan?

The second factor is one that I have been hammering again and again, but it bears repeating: Trump is an exceptionally weak commander in chief.

He lacks the gravitas and expertise to countermand his military advisers, even when his instincts push him in that direction. Trump also lacks any civilian staffers with the knowledge and wherewithal to put an unconventional solution onto the table. Steve Bannon apparently backed a hare-brained scheme to outsource the war to Erik Prince’s military contractors, but with Bannon’s departure even that idea was scotched.

What was unusual about this decision is that when faced with a choice between an unappetizing status quo and a future of even worse alternatives, Trump chose the status quo. He does not normally do this — except when it comes to decisions involving the military. That is consistent with what he did in Syria in the spring.

Trump’s weakness as commander in chief has the paradoxical effect of expanding America’s military footprint in the world.
    But of course.

Administrator
    Holy crap, the spin machine is actually trying to turn Trump staring at the sun into a feat of superheroism rather than idiocy.

Tucker Carlson called it, "Perhaps the most impressive thing any president's ever done."

https://twitter.com/dadpa1/status/899872256276414464
    Last edited by Tom Servo; August 22nd, 2017 at 06:20 AM.