Page 99 of 2477 FirstFirst ... 49899798991001011091491995991099 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    You do know that he can't just write law and have it happen, right? That the House of Representatives and even the Supreme Court have a bearing on the passing of laws?

And this is what everybody forgets, or conveniently overlooks.
    Including, a jobs bill. Sitting on Boenhers desk for three years (?) now.
    including, an infrastructure bill.

Or they pass watered down versions like Dodd/ Frank and even Obamacare.
    As far as I can recall, he didn't even try or make any of his influences on congress.

Anyway, it's always difficult to judge a president fairly at the time. Low approval rating doesn't always make someone a bad president. Lincoln wasn't very popular. So...

My main issue with Obama is that republicans never offered me any hope, but my hope was dashed. Yes we can? No, I don't think we can. Change? Nope. Status quo. Yeah, it's convenient to blame it all on the republicans, but it's no wonder voters stopped voting. Why bother?

Corprat 'murica.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    As far as I can recall, he didn't even try or make any of his influences on congress.

Anyway, it's always difficult to judge a president fairly at the time. Low approval rating doesn't always make someone a bad president. Lincoln wasn't very popular. So...

My main issue with Obama is that republicans never offered me any hope, but my hope was dashed. Yes we can? No, I don't think we can. Change? Nope. Status quo. Yeah, it's convenient to blame it all on the republicans, but it's no wonder voters stopped voting. Why bother?
    Your hopes were dashed by the Republicans. Obama has done what he could. he had even amended some of his positions and proposals in order to accomodate the Republicans and reach some sort of compromise, only to be turned back.

Try to focus on who the real bad guy here. If Jason and I are being paid to play tennis for you, and I refuse to participate by saying his clothes are too bright, he's hitting the ball too hard, he's hitting the ball to far, he hasn't used organic string in his racquet etc etc etc, do you blame Jason if he is playing competitive tennis?

The President has a job to do. Those are HIS Presidential duties.
    Congress has a job to do. Those are their CONGRESSIONAL duties.
    When a Bill sits on Boenhers desk for years, signed by the President, but NOT BROUGHT TO A VOTE AT THE CONGRESS, that's not a Presidential failing.

And oddly enough despite the hue and cry about his popularity, his numbers are higher at their lowest than any other President at their lowest.

Quote Originally Posted by source, Gallop
    Harry Truman 22%
    Eisenhower 48%
    Kennedy 56%
    Johnson 35%
    Nixon 24%
    Ford 37%
    Carter 28%
    Reagan 35%
    George H.W. Bush 29%
    Clinton 37%
    George W. Bush 25%
    Read for yourself.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    You cut Obama way too much slack Mo.
    acket.

You might think so.

I, however, choose to blame him for HIS failings, not the failings of those he is supposed to work with.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Let's not forget that when he does try to bypass the do-nothing congress with executive orders (which many presidents have used dozens or hundreds more times than he has) they claim it's an abuse of power, he's doing it illegally and they threaten impeachment.

He really is in a no-win situation and now it will be even worse...IMO this country is screwed unless people start realizing what's really going on and stop listening to the sensationalist "news" media

I believe people HAVE realized this, and the sensational news could only fan the nutcase voters into believing that their votes can make any difference.

Anyway, I'm disappointed at Obama's job performance. Of course I'm just an outsider judging him based on what I know, perhaps history will prove me wrong. For now, I just don't think things changed much nor do I believe in the 'yes we can' BS. Yeah, I suppose one could blame the failures on the republicans, but consider this, had Lincoln failed to keep the states united, would he still be considered as one of the great?

Right now the state of our union is poor. Yes, it's not entirely Obama's fault, but I still think he failed to deliver his promises.

Again, let me reiterate that if I can go back in time to vote again, I still won't vote for Romney.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    The last president who issued fewer executive orders per time in office than Obama was Grover Cleveland, in the 1800's.

This site updates the info on the 20th of every month, so it's current to October 20, 2014:

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php
    Last edited by overpowered; November 9th, 2014 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I believe people HAVE realized this, and the sensational news could only fan the nutcase voters into believing that their votes can make any difference.

Anyway, I'm disappointed at Obama's job performance. Of course I'm just an outsider judging him based on what I know, perhaps history will prove me wrong. For now, I just don't think things changed much nor do I believe in the 'yes we can' BS. Yeah, I suppose one could blame the failures on the republicans, but consider this, had Lincoln failed to keep the states united, would he still be considered as one of the great?

Right now the state of our union is poor. Yes, it's not entirely Obama's fault, but I still think he failed to deliver his promises.

Again, let me reiterate that if I can go back in time to vote again, I still won't vote for Romney.
    Sigh.

55 months of private sector job increases. With the Worst. Congress. Evah!

This is what i'm saying. You keep repeating/ saying/ focusing on what "they" want you to think, what they have been programming into everybody's mind with mindless, endless repetition.
    These are not large government projects like building the Eisenhower Dam. These are private sector job increases, small and large. And bear in mind, all with the WORST. CONGRESS. EVER.

So, while Mario reckons i'm giving Obama too much credit, you can see that my efforts aren't so much masking what he hasn't done but revealing what he has done because people everywhere keep repeating the Faux News/ Republican talking points like "his popularity is plummeting." Or his job record sucks. October 7 Fox had headline saying just that.

Never mind the 55 consecutive months of job creation.

I'm not complaining about jobs, l'd have no problems with him if unemployment were still high and if he didn't do any of the fuck ups that you mentioned.

About the only thing that he does better than W is that at least he's more presentable and doesn't look stupid. W probably won't go for ACA, other than these thing, I really didn't see too much difference between a supposedly democrat and a republican.

Do you think those Arabs who hate us have a more favorable view of the US? I not just talking about those crazy extremists.

So job creation is okay... Considering the shithole we fell into... Can't complain there. But are you willing to give republican congress some credit too? IMHO, I don't think they have much direct control... How many low wage jobs are created.

Like I said, just take a look at your own fuck up list for Obama, those are enough for me to be disappointed without involving the stupid republicans. If you think his accomplishments more than made up those shortcomings, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 10th, 2014 at 06:22 AM.