Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Motorsport YouTube Thread

The Motorsport YouTube Thread

Can think of no better way to start than sharing this:

Kubica's gonads are the size of Jupiter. Go to 2:43 and poop yourself a bit.

Whoomah!

Balls indeed.

The human eye is an amazing thing. And one reason why I agree with Dan Greenwalt when it comes to night racing. I don't think a game can ever truly give you the correct perception that you receive through your eye. It's why I don't think any hardcore sim has ever included it. It just won't come out right.

And I love the following video. I think I've watched it around ten times since it was released. I just can't get enough and I wonder why games don't include Goodwood. Especially games that have vintage cars. I'm guessing it has something to do with the rights to the track. PS, yes I know GT6 has the hillclimb and while that is cool, the track could be a great vintage racing venue.

Do you think night racing would be difficult in a video game because of the lack of representing the wide gamut and fine details the eye can see, or because of the lack of all the training/memory/other senses that drivers can rely on?
    Get that weak shit off my track

This one amazes me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Do you think night racing would be difficult in a video game because of the lack of representing the wide gamut and fine details the eye can see?
    Exactly. I'm not sayin they can't give it the old college try. I played one of the NFS: Shift games and it felt like I was looking down a paper towel tube with a flashlight on the end. In real life I can see way farther than the end of my headlights and its that fine resolution that is difficult to translate to a flat plain.

Anyways,don't want to distract to much from the original intent of the thread.

For old times sake.

The thing racing sims fail to accurately portray about racing at night is how blinding everyone's lights are in your mirrors. Forward vision isn't done so badly - rFactor and GT6 are pretty good. It's been too long since I tried nighttime iRacing...

-

Most of you have probably seen this on fb, but I thought it was worth sharing here, and not necessarily because I make an appearance. It's a completely crazy first lap in Pirelli World Challenge last fall at Sonoma. Sprint racing!

Wanna Fight?
    First vid reminds me of a British Rally years ago where Alister McRae had that happen intermittently throughout a lengthy stage. He had literally no illumination as it seemed that the entire external lighting circuit of his car (VW Golf iirc) was failing and, whilst he slowed down a good bit, he still seemed to be going really fucking fast for a car with no lights on.

Le mans cars on the road in Japan. It's a brilliant video.