Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another cross country "which way and what to see?" post.

i bet Adam could give you an idea of cool stuff to do in Texas on that southern route.

Nothing unhealthy about a steak. Quality protein, no carbs. Just don't get the 72oz one.

Seriously, if you like steak at all, you really should stop at the Big Texan. I did, and was very impressed.

Ditto. I expected a crap Applebee's type steak and it was awesome. And 72oz seems like a lot, but it's not. Just don't eat the day before. Or after. No worries.

Do they have chocolate cake?
    Whoomah!

Yeah, there's nothing inherently bad about eating a 72oz steak as long as it's good quality meat and you don't eat too much (or anything) else at the sitting. It's probably better than eating Krispy Kremes or ice cream. PROTEIN, BRO!!

Having said that, I wouldn't eat a 72oz (pure meat) steak in one sitting more than once in my life.

Drew's house.

My house.

Check the roads you will be driving in Arkansas. There are some seriously epic roads there. Also, I can not recommend driving through Sedona, Arizona or Tonto National Forest in AZ enough.

Advice given to me during a roadtrip, while I was in Buttfuk, Nowhere, Texas. "Don't get stopped by the cops. Try not to look black." True story.

I pass on this sage wisdom as my gift to you.

If you're going through New Mexico, I think Carlsbad Caverns NP would be really interesting, but that's just me. It may be a little out of your way though if you simply want to get to the East Coast quickly. You and your lady are always welcome to stay with us if you pass through Columbia, SC. We have a spare queen bed.

I skipped the ginormous options because I just don't eat meals that size too often and I was doing a cross country sprint. Didn't want any nasty surprises.

But the filet I had was seriously one of the five best steaks I've ever had. It certainly was the most AWESOME VALUE steak I've had, considering the whole meal was $29.95. All the other crazy good steaks I've had cost twice that, easily.