View Poll Results: Who comes out a better professional once the flag falls for Abu-Double?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hamilton, like Senna, he will overcome intra-team adversity

0 0%
  • Vettel, eats his humble pie and learns from his mistakes

0 0%
  • Massa, peoves he can leave behind a hot young gun and a mortal blast to the head

0 0%
  • Kimi, he faces his complete nemesis, and learns to beat him in the end

4 80.00%
  • Nutcase, after conquering his own demons, he learns to lead a team

0 0%
  • Hulk, after being snubbed by top teams, clearly beats a relentless teammate

0 0%
  • Checo, after blowing his one shot, he relentlessly beats a more talented teammate

0 0%
  • Somebody else, Max Chilton, maybe?

1 20.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I think the season's gonna end like this: Mercedes, Williams, Red Bull, and Force India, McLaren and Ferrari fighting for fourth. What do you think Blerps?

Also, after having registered 47 Gs on impact, I'm not sure Kimi will get the medical nod for Germany. In that case, does Jules get the chance to race? It'd be a favor to Marussia, as they could sell the seat for a race weekend. That should cost the driver somewhere in the neighborhood of a million euros if I'm not mistaken.
    acket.

Mario could very well be, but I'm more thinking about this: Mercedes, Red Bull and Williams going to the photofinish (I will never, historically, underestimate Williams F1 team ability to royally fuck up pitstops and whole wins, if not even whole championships), Ferrari could barely edge over Force India and McLaren battling for fourth and worse. I could also see a totally Ferrari sudden drop in performance and scoring, actually. Force India won't be as good as at the start of the season, but with Ferrari's getting worse and McLaren keeping a pretty inconsistant form they could still bag the fourth, just because of others' shortcomings more than their own merits.

Kimi-wise? No idea, I've to be honest. Bianchi could be an interesting call, I'd love to see him on that car, but, although I don't rate him as high as Hulkenberg, Magnussen, Bottas and Ricciardo (the new young crop of F1 drivers), it could be a moot experiment since Ferrari could really be sucking and not letting him show his talent. Ok, Marussia is nowhere near even Toro Rosso, let's admit it, but remember Fisichella jumping on Ferrari and sucking more than when he was at Force India? Well, that kind of wasted opportunity (but surely Jules could score some points he won't be able to gain on a Marussia).

The 18" wheels? Whatever. Just make up your mind and put some clear and draconian rules on it. I'm more worried about the stupid double-points season finale sticking for next seasons at this point.
    I'd rather have 70's really small front tyres and humongous fat big rear tyres, like for the Ferrari 312T4 or the Wolf WR1.

Question for those that know.Why are the likes of Marussia and Caterham so slow? Is it their customer engines being detuned ,crap aero,bad designs? The drivers seem capable, but the cars not so much. Surely money can't buy speed when they're limited to the rules and regulations.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Because of their limited budget. Mercedes has between 600 and 700 employees. That means a lot of ideas on how to solve complex issues. Remember that most systems in those cars are interconnected, and they need huge resources to put the ideas into practice. Imagine that on Monday's briefing they find problem X, there's minimally two ways to solve that problem. they have maybe 60 hours to go from the drawing board to the working prototype (in case of some hardware) / practice drill (in case of an organizational process). If they can allow to do it, they'll test both options, so that means two project teams.

Can you Imagine what would happen if it was 3 or more issues that were detected after a race or practice session? What resources would a team need to mobilize? It's a lot of work. It has been said that operations like Toyota and Honda back in the day, were running up to three sites with varying numbers of teams in each place. For example, the R&D for Honda was in japan, the prototyping somewhere in England and the race team was in Brackley. Even after they shut off the race team, they continued to operate the other two sites, with the Japanese office doing mock Exhaust Blown Diffusers as late as 2011, just to understand the technology.

Most teams have between 300 and 400 full time employees. Caterham and Marussia reportedly have around 250. Also, like any other field, you get what you pay for, and if you're Mercedes or Red Bull Racing you're going to have more people trying to work for you. That's one of the problems with Sauber, they're a little in the position of being victims of the success they enjoyed with their smaller investments in 2011-13, their talented personnel were offered better jobs at bigger teams.
    acket.

Thanks,makes it a bit clearer.
    Weren't Marussia and McLaren sharing resources at one stage/still are? Shouldn't that have seen a jump in peformance? Or are we starting to see that now,with flashes of speed etc from them.

If anything, it worked the other way around