View Poll Results: Who comes out a better professional once the flag falls for Abu-Double?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hamilton, like Senna, he will overcome intra-team adversity

0 0%
  • Vettel, eats his humble pie and learns from his mistakes

0 0%
  • Massa, peoves he can leave behind a hot young gun and a mortal blast to the head

0 0%
  • Kimi, he faces his complete nemesis, and learns to beat him in the end

4 80.00%
  • Nutcase, after conquering his own demons, he learns to lead a team

0 0%
  • Hulk, after being snubbed by top teams, clearly beats a relentless teammate

0 0%
  • Checo, after blowing his one shot, he relentlessly beats a more talented teammate

0 0%
  • Somebody else, Max Chilton, maybe?

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar

2014 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX

Plenty of updates expected for this race. I hope that, for once, that fucking black car with a 'C' at at the nose cone can finally be faster than Both Marussia and Caterham.

As for the rest of them I don't know which one's on top right now, both being meh teams at the moment, with Indian King of the Booze and the We-are-the-absolute-execution-of-perfection-it's-just-that-our-drivers-suck outfit in a decent battle for best of the other Mercedes team, all I have to say is: God!, is Ron Dennis such a fucking bore or what?, I'm glad he wasn't around when Red Bull were dominating and his engineers devising creative ways to give more advantage to Horner's boys. And just for that, I hope Force India beat McLaren at the end of the year.

Anyway, for this poll the question is a little different, it comes after I read photographer Darren Heath's blog, he assumes that Rosberg has a better chance of being WDC because he is mentally stronger than Hamilton for the following reason, the kid beat Schumacher for three years. Granted it was old, slower Schu, but it was still a capacity-building, mechanic-friendly, always-on-time, birefcase-in-hand seven time world champion Schumacher. Master of the political games that are always played in Formula 1.

What do you peeps reckon?
    acket.

I omitted Rosberg and Alonso from the poll, I think they're the toughest competitors on the grid right now. I don't see how they could be mentally stronger.
    acket.

Ron Dennis is awesome and spot on about Jenson.
    The boring ones are Horner and Newey.

Rosberg can suck Hamilton's dick. And Alonso's. And Vettel's. And Kimi's. Even Button's and Hulkenberg's ones.

I think Ronspeak is boring and passé. He could be like Stoddart if he wanted to be upfront about all the sewer-shakes they're drinking behind closed doors, he's smart enough, I think he's just comfortable with the money/power he makes.

I personally like Claire's and Monisha's style more; Horner, Wolff, and to some extent Boullier, seem to be reading PR soundbites all the time. The women cited, seem to be polite, clever and direct. Ron just likes to have people guessing as to what he really said. Example: JB, No one in his right mind would rank him in the top 5, even a top 10 is questionable. Why did they renew his contract once it was evident that Whitmarsh was out. Magnussen's is Ron's decision, is he the best rookie, the best young driver, are his mistakes fewer than Bottas', Bianchi's or Gutierrez's? It's not a question of talent, the kid is superb, but was he ready? If Jenson "Mediocre" Button's season continues to be better than Kevin's what does that say about Ron's choices? Many agree that Button cannot raise his game much more, why does Ron ask it then? They have a car that's inferior to the Williams and possibly to the Force India, is that Button's fault? Why put the blame on one of the drivers? Because he's protecting Kevin, we know that much, but what is McLaren going to do next year if Magnussen gets beaten by this generation's Jacques Villeneuve? What if the two drivers they passed up for him qualify better (Hulk), race more intelligently (Perez), attack better (Perez) or defend better (Hulk is a defensive god) than him and score more points than him but less than Button, and thus put their team ahead of McLaren in the final standings... Would that still reflect negatively on the elder driver?

Ron's deluded by his own narrative.
    acket.

Mattiacci, I don't know enough about the man. But it seems he is a very intelligent team builder, word out is that he got the job because he can rearrange people's habits and have them ready to face new challenges. I hope he can revitalize Ferrari, 3 strong teams is better than 2.

Domenicalli seemed from the outside like a correct bloke who was too much part of the old Ferrari structure. The sport changed with the Neweys and Brawns, Toto/Claire helped Williams transition, Stefano couldn't move the behemont and was thus sacked.
    acket.

See, Mario, I totally disagree. Great to sign Kevin - Gutierrez sucks, badly, and Bianchi is plenty overrated - too bad also Bottas couldn't be signed. Maybe there will be some Sirotkin in the future of McLaren.
    More big teams should get youngsters in there, like they did in the past. Right away. I think what McLaren does is commendable. Also what RB did with Ricciardo... I wasn't certain it would pan out decently, but to me it is paying it in spades.

On Jenson I'm not going to even start, since my idea of him is totally the opposite of yours. Perez, now that is a yardstick of mediocrity masked by a very good car. Hulkenberg is very good, to me even better than Rosberg is ever going to be (no matter if he will win this WDC. Stirling Moss never did and to me he is still like 2 mountains higher than Michael Schumacher in quality and talent) but Hulky is in Ferrari's orbit and probably too expensive anyway.

Ron is the dark power (not really, but the useless media gossip around the circus paint him that way) of F1: good, better be feared and hated than being old news.
    McLaren will rise again... the deluded side is anyone that think differently.
    And meanwhile in a bit Mercedes will leave F1 as all manufacturers do when they get complacent about their wins and feel like they are done with it. That's the real venom of F1, road car manufacturers. Too many of them, not enough pure racing heritage teams.

My compliments to Clarie and Monisha.
    I can't stand Boullier and I think he can't race direct a team worth his life, that piggy small sack of shit, so it is enough I've to stand the guy at my own team.

Ferrari sucks as usual. Mattiacci is another Flab. And what Ferrari did initially of positive right after the Mattiacci - Domenicali shuffle was down to Domenicali's staff, not surely by any input of rich salesman with a nice tan.
    And Ferrari will continue to suck like that because it has a cumbersome old fashioned structure. And Montezemolo is a complete idiot, let's face it.

I know he is, I'm just saying Ron became just too much like him in his gardening leave.
    acket.

Pérez, yes I concur, he is limited. But he makes the most out of his talent during the races, he concentrates on his job; he just, hopelessly, sucks at wheel to wheel defense. He is the opposite of Maldonado, so much raw speed, yet so little concentration.

Hulk is the total package, why do they keep looking over him, it must be politics, it must be that there's enough top flight germans racing right now and not enough sponsors. Who knows, he's got the Dekra cap, though.

Kevin, he might be the next Hamilton, the next Häkkinen; or he could end up being distracted by fame like Lewis or yearning for family life, like Mika. Whatever the outcome they seem to have rushed him to a fight with someone who should be a mentor instead, hence the latter options seem more likely than the former.
    acket.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Note that in the U.S., the live coverage of qualifying and the race is switched from NBCSN to CNBC because the Tour de France is showing live on NBCSN.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Lotus will test with 18-inch tyres at next week's Formula 1 test at Silverstone as part of an experiment by Pirelli.

Following discussions about a change of tyre size for 2017, Pirelli has agreed to run a trial with the larger wheel and tyre size next Wednesday.

The aim is for the test to deliver a proper answer as to whether or not the look of the new tyres is an improvement over the current 13-inch tyres that have been used in recent years.
    Pirelli apparently thinks they should go up to 19 inches. This will look weird, I think. Isn't taking away all that sideway going to drastically change the suspension setups on the cars?
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via