Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Republicans will happily gridlock nation to spite Democrats... literally

Am I the only one that thinks this is just "politics as usual"? I feel like this wouldn't get much play in the news if there was something real happening for the media to latch on to.

It's a shitty move, but in a country where district lines are redrawn, social services cut, regulations stirring outrage, to me a bridge being cut off for three days to gain political advantage just seems "meh".

There is a difference between one of many organizations you are the highest executive of doing something without you knowing and your "top aide" doing something without you knowing. Doesn't mean he knew about it, but there is a difference.
    Get that weak shit off my track

He's definitely showing that this is something he was uninvolved with via his vindictive retribution towards those who perpetrated this vindictive retribution.

Jason,
    To me it seems more like "LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!!!"

Slate has a piece on how Al Gore's camp did basically the same thing during the 2000 Presidential primary, and he went ballistic at his staff about stopping voters from getting to the polls until they told him that, in that area, it was just stopping likely Bradley voters. Then he said "uh never mind."

In other words, I bet this happens more than you think.

Really? Somehow I'm having difficulty imagining Al Gore going ballistic. If he can really give voters the impression that he could actually go ballistic, perhaps he would've won...

Kristy's scandal is just too much.

Traffic study for 4 days and nobody has any power to terminate such bizarre study for that long when people's lives were clearly disrupted...

Boy, if he won the white house and you crossed him, he'll likely send in drones to nuke you.

Whether it happens more than we think is irrelevant. Surely lots of things in this world happen more than we're aware of. If you're going to do something this pointless, you better be super confident that nobody finds out about it. Now that it's found out, I think Kristy's pretty much done. At least i won't ever consider voting for him.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar

Brilliant

And now...

Washington (CNN) -- Just days after dismissing two top advisers for their roles in the George Washington Bridge scandal, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie faced questions over the use of Superstorm Sandy relief funds.
    CNN has learned that federal officials are investigating whether Christie improperly used some of that money to produce tourism ads that starred him and his family.