Page 130 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1403

Thread: The "Looking to become a homeowner" Thread

Wow that's a lot of outlets! I thought I was living the luxury garage life with an outlet near every corner. My house came with just 2 garage outlets.

Basement cave looks cozy and fun.

I'm going to regret having that many outlets to cut around when I sheet the walls, for sure...

My two bay garage has one normal outlet, and an overhead outlet to run my door opener. And it's all on the same circuit as my gym so it trips the breaker when I turn on my air compressor. Much sad.

I hate insulation. Even with long sleeves, eye protection, a mask, and gloves I still managed to get the stuff on me
    Got the walls done plus 8 or so batts in the ceiling.
    81597AEC-7E4F-4B82-BBE1-005C3CA7E7CF.jpg

Our water heater went kaput. Which isn't a surprise as it is like 20 years old. We kept saying, "you know, we should replace that" and then just moving on. Oh well, not like we didn't know it or expect it.

Ehhh, that happens. Both my waterheater and furnace are a bit over 20 years old. I've got them set up for as easy a failure as possible, with a drainpan under the water heater and sensors to let me know when it happens. But about every year or so I do a little research to keep myself up on what their replacements will be so it will be as quick and painless as possible.
    The real trick of it is that I'll replace both when the first one fails - I want/need to go to higher efficiency units which will require different exhaust solutions than the current setup is capable of.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Mine was probably 15 years old when it started taking a lot longer to heat water back up than it should, but it had also been in a couple of basement floods. So I figure that 15 years was a pretty good run.

The downside was that to get the same capacity, I had to get a short heater which wasn't in stock. The heater that was there before had a slight downward angle on the exhaust, which is not how it should've been.

Did you get a heat pump water heater to replace it?

Negative for me. Just a standard water heater. Looking up what a heat pump water heater is, I don't believe I have the space for it.

I also looked into a tankless a few years ago but it wasn't worth the extra cost and construction necessary to make it work.

OSB is down to like $15 a sheet.

Plywood is still about $45 though.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE