Page 106 of 141 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1403

Thread: The "Looking to become a homeowner" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    How did they know you didn't have one? Complaint by passer-by/visitor? On-site visit and inspection by insurance rep? Google street view?

Not important, but I always wonder about how Big Brother learns about things like that.
    They told us shortly after we added the policy somebody would be by to take pictures of the exterior and that was it, there was about a month before we moved in so we never even saw them. I figured insurance would be more concerned about the "old house" electrical condition (we/seller had some electrical/smoke detector work done pre-closing) but they were more concerned with steps nobody uses (mail/packages come to the back door) we literally have not unocked the front door from the outside yet since we took the keys *shrugs*

Thanks. I was just curious. When I hear stories like that, I can't help but wonder but how did they know?

Wheel Horse was made in South Bend, IN until they were bought out by Toro, who then decided to shut the plant down.

So.. my sister and her husband have proposed tearing down my mothers old house and having a new one built on the property.

I also know i dont know anything about how much different the cost will be to buying an existing house. The preapproval i had before was about 120k or so. New house would likely be similar to whats here now about 1000 sq feet.

May be selling my house and moving to the burbs...

Quote Originally Posted by Drachen596 View Post
    So.. my sister and her husband have proposed tearing down my mothers old house and having a new one built on the property.

I also know i dont know anything about how much different the cost will be to buying an existing house. The preapproval i had before was about 120k or so. New house would likely be similar to whats here now about 1000 sq feet.
    Building a house is $$$$$$.

Yeah i suspect even something auper simple will be higher than my price range. Even though I don't need anything fancy.

Hell companies are trying to get 60k for those trailer tiny houses.

You'd have to pay to tear down the existing house too...

Yep. Initial excitement has kinda worn off on the idea and all I'm seeing anymore is numbers. They are not quite as golden as they seem.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    You'd have to pay to tear down the existing house too...
    Not just tear it down but have it all hauled off too.