Page 105 of 141 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1403

Thread: The "Looking to become a homeowner" Thread

Whoomah!

I close on the 24th! w000!

I've since found out that the home's listing agent lived there as a small child.

I also found out from my insurance agent's secretary, who knows the people I'm buying the house from, that the house wasn't a rental but their primary residence which is good.

I've also found out that in between those two residents, the house belonged to a sex offender. lol.

And my former neighbor, who is also a part-owner of the local Ford and Mitsubishi dealerships, did the appraisal on the house for my bank.

This is a small town!

Congrats!

Hope you'll break the ownership pattern by not becoming a sex offender!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    I close on the 24th! w000!

I've since found out that the home's listing agent lived there as a small child.

I also found out from my insurance agent's secretary, who knows the people I'm buying the house from, that the house wasn't a rental but their primary residence which is good.

I've also found out that in between those two residents, the house belonged to a sex offender. lol.

And my former neighbor, who is also a part-owner of the local Ford and Mitsubishi dealerships, did the appraisal on the house for my bank.

This is a small town!
    Hah, awesome. Congrats, glad it seems to have gone smoothly for you.

So homeowners insurance hit us with the "you have to put a handrail up on the front steps or we are cancelling your policy" bit. Used the structural pipe fittings from Lowes to make something as cheap as possible while still being solid and not hideous to look at. Nice of them to wait until 1 month after issuing the policy but oh well.

On the positive side, bought my first piece of lawn care equipment. The wife agreed with my thinking of buying an old legit garden tractor instead of a newer flimsy riding mower, found this gem on craigslist last month but was to high of a price, he emailed me last thursday offering me a much lower price and I couldn't resist. Anyways its a well taken care of and refreshed Wheel Horse C-165 (made in either 81/82/84) Got a big 'ol 16 hp 1 cylinder cast iron kohler, cast iron axles f/r, 8 speed trans with a high/low gearbox, PTO and a newer Toro 48" mower deck (Toro bought wheel horse in '87). Hopefully during the winter I can find a front or belly dozer blade and a tiller attachment to get some of the planned lawn/garden work done.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Mirage; November 14th, 2017 at 05:08 AM.

Nice! Now, just wondering how big of a yard do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Nice! Now, just wondering how big of a yard do you have?
    About 3/4 of an acre, i'm also mowing a bit of the unoccupied neighbors yard on one side to keep it knocked down where it butts up against my garage, shed and driveway. Planning on a veggie garden in the way back and most of the existing flower/bush beds need a lot of attention.

Whoa! My lot is only 0.16 acre... so an electric mower is enough for me...

I've always wanted a riding mower though... maybe someday after I retire I can move to somewhere cheaper to fulfill this dream of mine!

Personally, as someone who was put in charge of mowing the lawn from the time he was 11 or 12, I’m loving having a gardener.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    So homeowners insurance hit us with the "you have to put a handrail up on the front steps or we are cancelling your policy" bit.
    How did they know you didn't have one? Complaint by passer-by/visitor? On-site visit and inspection by insurance rep? Google street view?

Not important, but I always wonder about how Big Brother learns about things like that.