Page 120 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1403

Thread: The "Looking to become a homeowner" Thread

Yakiniku is great! Enjoy your new pad!!

Settled on Friday, starting to move in over the weekend with the main move booked for Monday. Happy days.

Happy for the new place sure, but personally I hate moving!

I’m pretty confident that the entire universe hates moving anyways, we’re packed, rubbish dumped and removalists coming tomorrow. All we have to do now is have a last bottle of champagne on the balcony. I’m going to miss my view.

Ash and I recently moved into her childhood home that she bought from her parents estate. Really proud of what we've done over the last few weeks. House/landscaping stuff is out of my interest and comfort zones, but I've really taken advantage of the good weather this week and got stuff done.

July:

Early August:
    Obviously we contracted out the pavement work. It wraps around the garage and gives us a large parking pad on the side as well.
    I cleared those remaining bushes using my van and a big chain, you can see them in a pile later on.

A few days ago:
    Marking out my 15 small trees and a shrub. I ordered them online; they shipped from SC super fast. Ordered them on Thursday night and FedEx left them in my yard on Sunday morning before I woke up. (FastGrowingTrees.com)

Yesterday:
    The sub-contractor that did the excavating left a big trench along the length of the driveway. I've been smoothing it out and plan to put some grass seed down to make it uniform.

This morning:

Again, house and yard stuff bores the piss out of me but knowing this is my wife's childhood home and we're likely going to own it (if only as a vacation home) for the rest of our lives has gotten me motivated.
    These 3ft trees will grow to about 12 feet and provide a really solid privacy hedge in a few years. We like those neighbors but the removal of those invasive bushes and trees certainly opened things up. I don't mind 'seeing' the neighbors, but they sit on their deck and talk on the phone and it carries crystal clear to my porch.
    Also, by removing those last bushes it opens up our view of the horse ranch and farm across the road. We measured out the trees we planted so they would *just* obscure the view of their carport/garage and leave us just the landscape in the background.
    I'm very happy with it.

Administrator
    Wow, that looks great!

Yeah, how cool is it to actually be able to live or vacationing in your childhood home!

Looking good! Great job!

Yeah. Our old house is under contract to be sold next week. This will be our primary residence for the next 5+ years. But we know we want to have a house down in NC again someday, so we'll probably keep this one as a 'home base' and split time between PA/NC eventually.

Excellent work. Congrats on selling your old house. Now you just need some art to call your new house a home.

Chose and signed off on a bid for a new concrete driveway earlier this week. Very excite!

Except, the contractor won't be able to do it until spring. Schedule is full for the remainder of pourable weather this year. womp womp.