Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Forza 5

Project. Cars.

...is terrible without a wheel.

DELETED

Junior Potato
    All racing sims are terrible without a wheel, no matter how ‘simcade’ they are.

Wheels are to racing games as mouse and keyboards are to FPSs.

I will still beat you in Forza with a controller.

I use my controller for FPSs on my console too. I imagine less than 5% of the people playing Forza/GTS/PC2 have a wheel. Making a game that only works for such a small percentage of the gaming population seems awfully silly.

Claiming they're unplayable with a controller is the silly part, yes.

Junior Potato
    They’re not totally unplayable. Even I had fun with PCars and it’s twitchy controls.

But these games really come alive with a wheel. I had a lot of fun last night, finally getting it all set up with GT Sport and learning how to do it again. My lap times were tumbling as I got more confident, and straight away I was quicker than my controller lap times.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRIGGIN CHEATING DRIVATAR AI RACERS!!!!!!!

Got the driver controls on the easiest possible settings (TSC on, normal steering, cosmetic damage etc etc), and the easiest AI drivatar setting (new racer), and yet i barely ever win races, and am often struggling to hold off third and/or fourth place cars. After fourth place though, the rest of the pack are always a few corners behind.... I'm driving better than i ever have in Forza games, but still suck apparently.

It's completely out of whack, and if you're a new racer while having friends with good drivatars, you'll basically struggle to get into the top five or six.

Been knocking off all the championships that use race cars, since i loathe them the most. Couple more events to go and the rest of the game is road cars only (except for the bonus events/extra races you unlock in the championships).