Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza 5

Does the "manual-with-clutch used with damage off" trick still provide unnatural boost? Hell does that still work in Forza 4?

Administrator
    I'm unaware of the trick, but happy to try it out if explained.

1. Set your damage level to "Cosmetic" and transmission type to "Manual w/. Clutch".
    2. Race.
    3. Profit.

Is that all it was? I thought there was more to it for some reason.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I thought Turn 10 had patched F4 so that you couldn't powershift like this but I can't remember.

Currently, I just use a straight "Manual" setting but I can test it tonight.

you can d/l tunes from other players.
    For tune setups, go into upgrade from the main career menu and use the back/share button on the controller to open up the setup manager and it'll have an option to view tune setups.

Found that for tunes don't know if it works I don't have F5

Booted up Forza 4 last night and tried the "Manual w/. clutch" + Cosmetic damage -- yep, it's been nerfed. If you try to shift without using the assigned Clutch button, it grinds and slows you down now. Shifting with the assigned Clutch button did seem a hair quicker than straight "Manual" but far too much hassle.

We'd need Cheeto here to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Booted up Forza 4 last night and tried the "Manual w/. clutch" + Cosmetic damage -- yep, it's been nerfed. If you try to shift without using the assigned Clutch button, it grinds and slows you down now. Shifting with the assigned Clutch button did seem a hair quicker than straight "Manual" but far too much hassle.

We'd need Cheeto here to confirm.
    The inherent manual w/clutch design flaw is still in F4. The issue has always been that manual w/clutch causes a surge of power that is not realistic. It's like a neutral drop at every shift. That flaw is still in the F4. Just go to the leaderboards, every top score is done with the manual w/clutch and it is painfully evident on the drag leaderboards. Over the course of a 1/4 mile it can be the difference of a few seconds.

Hopefully it is not in F5.

Am I not doing it right? When I shift without the clutch and (thought I was) looking for the boost with the ragged shift, I didn't "feel" it.

I think what he means is that when you shift using the manual clutch properly, the car accelerates noticeably faster than if you had used manual w/auto clutch.
    Get that weak shit off my track