Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza 5

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    properly
    Ah, that's still different than the old way. I'll give this a spin this afternoon.

Set the clutch to"A" (I think) instead of one of the shoulder buttons, if you have reasonably masculine thumbs, you'll be able to press both the shift and clutch buttons at once. Much easier that way.

using the manual w/clutch is good for .5 - 1 sec @ lap on the longer tracks. On the short track the advantage is not so noticeable.

Administrator
    That just sounds like a huge pain in my ass.

What wasn't was what I expected to be a painful series, the 70's Grand Prix. Went with Lauda's Ferrari, and that car was an absolute blast to drive. Could handle being a little sideways without completely losing it, braked like it was dropping an anchor, and could put the power down surprisingly cleanly. Then I went to the Aussie V8 series. It's like driving a slug, I can't wait to get through this one and out of the car. Also, the rear view mirror is so massive, I'm pretty sure I can not only see behind me, but back through time.

Just in case anybody was interested... Long Beach is a free add-on track this month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaR-16oAbfQ

That is pretty bitchin. Plus in case anybody hasn't been following along, Road America was also a free add on a few months ago.

Plus they have added every car to the free play section, just like Forza 4. Not sure why they thought it was a good idea to change it. And if you buy a car pack, you get a free sample of every car in the pack. In the past you still had to have the money to buy them.

I did finally get to play the game at a friends house, and wow, did it look amazing. And I thought the game play was damn good. I bought a Cossie Merc and it took it to Spa for a 3 lap created race. I turned all aides off and I set the AI to Pro difficulty. I ended up finishing 2nd after a very spirited drive up the 16 car field. I was very impressed by the overall feel of the game. Not enough to splash the dosh to buy an XBone but if I do Forza 5 will definitely be in my arsenal.

Sounds like they're making some good changes
    Get that weak shit off my track

Definitely sounds like they're moving in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    I did finally get to play the game at a friends house, and wow, did it look amazing. And I thought the game play was damn good. I bought a Cossie Merc and it took it to Spa for a 3 lap created race. I turned all aides off and I set the AI to Pro difficulty. I ended up finishing 2nd after a very spirited drive up the 16 car field. I was very impressed by the overall feel of the game. Not enough to splash the dosh to buy an XBone but if I do Forza 5 will definitely be in my arsenal.
    See, I figured the actual action of playing the game was still good, it was the secondary and tertiary aspects that needed work. Cool to read that they're improving FM5 vs waiting to roll out FM6.

That's good to see. I'm still not going to buy an XBone for it, but if I already had one, I'd pick it up.

I'm waiting for Forza 6, most likely. I assume they'll have get back to Forza 4-ish levels of content with the next release.