Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The GTXForums Comics Thread

Yeah, and Year One as well.

DC has made animated movies based on several of their most well known stories:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Uni...riginal_Movies

All Star Superman, based on a story by your compatriots Morrison and Quitely is decent.
    Batman Gotham Knights is made by Japanese studios, I thought it was pretty good.

I don't know if Marvel has made any animated movies, but I am entertained by their Ultimate Spiderman animated series.

Is this for yourself, Alan?

Speaking of The X-Men, I picked this up the other day - another 50% off deal at the shop near me. The cover price is $99.99 US/$112.99 CDN so since they go with the US pricing I got it for $50 CDN. Couldn't resist, especially since I think this one is basically OOP now and the prices will likely skyrocket once inventories are depleted...

I've got a few of these Marvel Omnibuses now. They are nice books. Not nearly as nice as the big Darkhorse hardcovers though. My Fear Agent and Hellboy Library Editions are just gorgeous books.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500 View Post
    Yeah, and Year One as well.

DC has made animated movies based on several of their most well known stories:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Uni...riginal_Movies

All Star Superman, based on a story by your compatriots Morrison and Quitely is decent.
    Batman Gotham Knights is made by Japanese studios, I thought it was pretty good.

I don't know if Marvel has made any animated movies, but I am entertained by their Ultimate S,piderman animated series.

Is this for yourself, Alan?
    It is indeed but if they're decent then my 12 year old may be interested also.

I've seen almost all of the DC Universal Animated Movies (I basically miss only the second Green Lantern one, Superman: Unbound and the last 2 Justice League movies).
    They are usually 60 minutes movies and they are pretty much watchable in average. Some are better than others, like the All Star Superman, Batman Year One, Batman Gotham Knight, Red Hood (kinda), JL: The New Frontier (heralded as one of the must see of the catalogue).
    IIRC Marvel doesn't do any animated movie but only series, usually for a younger audience. Friends of mine enjoy the Avengers series and the aforamentioned Ultimate Spiderman.
    I was keen to see the japanese Ironman anime tv series, I've it waiting me to finish first a lot of anime and live action tv series before starting it.

Can I also suggest an anime series from Japan? Planetes. It is not about superheroes but about a distant future and a team of astronauts whose job is to recollect space garbage around earth orbit.
    It has silly funny moments, romantic ones and also quite serious interior reflections. It is sweet.

Walking Dead 126 was anti climatic...

Wanna Fight?
    NO SPOILERS.

I'm acquiring it as I type!

Wanna Fight?
    I concur.

Thank you Blerpa and Fiat500.

Any CBR members on here? I think I saw ZZ there. The owner, Jonah, has done a Kenji+1 and rebooted the forum.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52513

It's a bizarre situation. Kind of felt like a punch to the gut at first, but I agree with his reasons for doing it. That community was way too big, and too many people out of control. I do have a problem with his plans to delete the old forum in two weeks. It should stay up for historical reference.

Yeah I'm there. I don't see how the reboot changes anything or solves any of the problems they think it's going to solve. The forums were a wealth of great info and I personally never encountered any of the apparently rampant hatred, racism, sexism, or just general "bullying" (god I've grown to hate that word) that I've been informed the place was awash with two days ago although I tended to stick to the half dozen or so threads that really focus on things I'm interested in. But whatever. Onward and forward...most of the threads I frequented have been restarted in some form and the conversation continues more or less unchanged so yeah...huzzah for the reboot!