Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Auto Insurance company?

I had the same experience with the Department of Insurance. Ameriprise was dicking around, so I filled out that form. I got an acknowledgement letter about a week later, then a letter from Ameriprise within days, and a call from a higher up hours after that.

If insurers hold up millions of dollars worth of checks for just days annually, they make big extra money on interest. I see that at work a lot, where they spell names wrong or put an "and" where there should be an "or" in the payee line, or magically send them to the wrong address. Maybe it's innocent, but I can't see how. They mail out bills and collect deductibles reliably enough. It's just wrong, but it's what they do.

Yeah, I thought perhaps the check got lost in the mail or perhaps some sort of spelling errors happened.., but nope. Nothing happened. This way it saves them a bit on the postage? Don't know what they were thinking...

Anyway, didn't realize dept of insurance is that effective. I thought I'd just put down my complaint and it'll just be sitting around as one of many and only until the pile gets high enough that they'll eventually investigate this fully..., but I guess it didn't take long for something to happen. Glad I did it.