Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103
Results 1,021 to 1,024 of 1024

Thread: Did we never make a motorcycle thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Better bikes have been doing what Harley's do for 1/3 the price for decades.
    Totally agree - its their image (lifestyle!) that sells the bikes and makes a decent profit.
    And thats why Im confused as to how an electric bike will fit in. Its so different and almost the antithesis of what they currently offer.

Junior Potato
    I love it because it’s so subversive.

But you’re right. They won’t sell many. It looks ugly and it doesn’t go ‘potato-potato’ like an ICU Harley does.

If a manufacturer wants to have some success with electric bikes, they either need to make an inner-city commuter like a scooter (the Prius option), or a high-end technology-leading sports weapon like a Ducati or something. I know of the Lightning electric motorcycle, but that company is too niche, and the bike too expensive to make a point of itself.

But… give the subject another five years and we will see.

Junior Potato
    Actually, the perfect electric bike is the KTM Freeride. They’ve been on the market for a while now.

https://youtu.be/2_J8pS2THMs

I'm not entirely sure what happened to Alta and their electrics. They seemed to be doing well and then just up and vanished. Though it was pretty much right after whatever their deal with HD was going to be fell through.

Disappointing though, they seemed to be very well liked by anyone who seemed to test it. Plus they'd just offered up a new more powerful model as the shut down.

FWIW, on another board a guy says his local HD Dealer has 3 preorders already for the Livewire. I just hope this pricing doesn't show up when they bring out that Streetfighter they have shown.