Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Did we never make a motorcycle thread?

Did we never make a motorcycle thread?

I can't find one. Anyway, no, I've not bought one yet, but I saw a Moto Guzzi V7 today in that metallic green - I was once again captivated. I know they're nothing special in any performance category, and they hold their value so you're not going to find one here for less than $6k, for a 48 hp bike. And, yet...

There's an MG dealer two miles from my place. Must... stay... away...

I test rode a Zero electric bike on Monday, the S model.
    They didnt have the more powerful SR in, but of cause it arrived the next day.
    Was due to go again today, but its raining, Im coming down with a cold and the only dealer in the state is 50km away (ie not in Sydney!)

It was interesting ride - single fixed gear, no clutch.
    Off the line performance was a bit poor, but Ive heard that this could be a built in feature to limit wear.
    But once it was moving the performance was quite good - doing 60km/h it would easily add speed.
    Maybe not like a sportsbike, but not far from it.

Thinking this might be a novelty toy and also something good for commuting and giving the Ducati the day off!

I love the look of the V7, but it probably wouldn't make sense over a Bonneville or Monster 696, which have more accessible dealers around here. Also, the only published figures I've seen show that earlier years of it are slower than my 1978 GS550. But that's moot anyway since, after acquiring a house, I won't be able to afford a new bike anytime soon.

In local news, a likely combination of a bump and wind at highway speed sent my battery side cover fairing flying from my bike somewhere along the I90/94 in Chicago. They're surprisingly still available new, so maybe I'll get one and vinyl wrap or plasti-dip it.

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you, where I'm from. But I have a Vespa/Moto Guzzi dealer literally down the street from me. But yeah, it is slow.

The nearest Moto-Guzzi dealer to Chicago is 15 miles away, which is a bit odd, given how well the Triumph "modern classic" lineup sells locally.

I'd probably be more inclined to look at the V7 seriously if they had a dealer in the city as good as our Triumph/Ducati dealer is. I'm not sure I like the idea of a dry clutch in bumper to bumper traffic, but I'd have to ride one to be sure, as I think I've only ridden bikes with wet clutches.

You could ride my bike of the opportunity presents itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    I test rode a Zero electric bike on Monday, the S model.
    Very cool, DN -- I've got a buddy who bought an early electric Brammo Enertia and has been commuting to work on it daily for almost five years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    You could ride my bike of the opportunity presents itself.
    Maybe if we meet midway in STL

Of course, I still need to get my air/fuel delivery problems fixed so I get more than the low 30mpg range on the highway

Turbocharging will fix those problems. Mmm-hmm!
    Whoomah!

Get that weak shit off my track