Page 114 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1213

Thread: Did we never make a motorcycle thread?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    I guess the adventure bike tire market is pretty slim in that way. No one will be dragging bags on those bad boys in any inclement weather. I'd personally probably put a set of Metzeler Tourance NEXT or Karoo Street on there
    I'll stick with the free/ cheap ones. Coz motorcycle tires don't last a long time. Seriously my cars tires had a 60K mileage warranty and I got 88k out of them. How am i riding like a granny and only getting 15k on my bike? I've had this bike for 6 months and i've had to change the tires out already?

I ain't ready for the baller lifestyle I guess.

Although that does make wonder what tires I would buy if I had to. Questions for the future. <goes back to scouring forums for free tires>

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    But they look really rugged and macho and over achieving when they get back to Starbucks.
    THAT'S PARKING FOR MY DUCATI THAT THEY'RE TAKING UP!!!

So. Been feeling great the last few weeks. I see the doc again on Friday.

My lingering issues seem to be headaches and insomnia. I have always had insomnia, but this is worse.

Headache for three days. Not continuous, comes and goes. Insomnia. The whole week.

Doc just cleared me to go back to work.

The week before World Cup Rugby starts.

Lori and I signed up for a motorcycle course to get our moto licenses. I convinced her that it would be better for her to commute by motorbike than drive Frosta. The deal being, I get to ride it occasionally.

We shopped for gear and a bike over the week-end. We both got helmets and gloves. I got a jacket, but she could not find one that fit well. I think we decided to get a Kawasaki Versys X. A local dealer has two in stock; one new and one used.

The new one is red and black. The used one is gunmetal and has a mere 9 miles on it. The guy that bought it rode it home, decided he wanted something else, and rode it back to the dealer. It is optioned pretty well, with a centre kickstand, side and rear travel cases, skid plate and engine guard roll-cage-like things on the sides. Certainly not the fastest or sportiest, but will serve as a great commuter for her and the occasional week-end scoot for me.

ADV bikes: the CUVs of the bike world.

I don’t get it.

They aren't typically the best at anything, but are pretty good at everything the typical street rider needs.

Yeah good allrounder.

You will probably need summer and winter gloves. It makes a big difference when riding in 2C than 45C (yes thats my temp range for commuting). I always wear gloves. Even on the rare occasion I go up the local shops wearing shorts and tshirt - still got gloves on.
    Id also suggest kevlar jeans if the regular ride has any higher speed (like over 50mph).

Enjoy!

You guys seem to be forgetting that I owned a motorbike at one time and put 30,000 km on it.