Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1090

Thread: Did we never make a motorcycle thread?

  1. #1081
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,269
    Zero - the electric bikes have a new model out.
    The company has been around a while now and the bikes are starting to mature, add cool features and polish some of the rough edges.
    I arrived in San Fran, got in my rental car and the first bike I see was a Zero!
    Also got to go and check out one at a dealer, looked a bit better than the model I test road a few years ago.
    I’d be keen to get one, downside is they are not sold here anymore, but might be able to get in USA and import myself.

    Anyone else interested in electric bikes?

  2. #1082
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    799
    I would be, if I actually lived in the same town that I live in. Same thing with a gas-powered bike.
    I can't justify the cost of either for a hobby, but if I was commuting a distance (I'd consider reasonable) on a bike regularly, the math would change.
    -Formerly Stabulator

  3. #1083
    Director Freude am Fahren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    4,376
    Rented a bike while out in Vegas for work. Had a late flight, so went by before closing the night before. All they had left was a Tiger 1200. Not bad, but it was like their most expensive rental. It was phenomenal though. Only had time to jump off and take a couple of pics once or twice unfortunately. Wish I hadn't partied the night before, so I could have gotten out around sunrise, instead of 10 a.m. Then I could have hiked a bit, and hit up the Hoover Dam. Maybe next time.



    The route was a big circle, out of town on I15 to Valley of Fire and back through Lake Meade Recreation area. After the highway bit, it was just so awesome. Kinda makes me want to move out west somewhere.

  4. #1084
    Junior Potato
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    Anyone else interested in electric bikes?
    Yep!

    I can’t wait for the H-D Livewire to come out and a) shake up the market, b) make everyone realise that electric bikes can be fun, and c) upset a whole load of grumpy old fuckwits while they do it. It’ll be great!

    I really wouldn’t mind an electric bike similar to my Tuono, but I think the biggest advantage will be to those using them as dirt bikes.

  5. #1085
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Yep!

    I can’t wait for the H-D Livewire to come out and a) shake up the market, b) make everyone realise that electric bikes can be fun, and c) upset a whole load of grumpy old fuckwits while they do it. It’ll be great!

    I really wouldn’t mind an electric bike similar to my Tuono, but I think the biggest advantage will be to those using them as dirt bikes.
    Sorry mate, you're gonna be disappointed. To be fair we don't know what it will be like. But the Zero will come out before it, and it looks heaps better and has more range.

  6. #1086
    Junior Potato
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,454
    Yes, true, we don't know what they'll be like to ride.

    However the H-D is the headline grabber, the first one from a major marque (KTM Freeride notwithstanding), and it's the one that will give the electric motorcycle industry the big shot in the arm it has been waiting for.

  7. #1087
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Rented a bike while out in Vegas for work. Had a late flight, so went by before closing the night before. All they had left was a Tiger 1200. Not bad, but it was like their most expensive rental. It was phenomenal though. Only had time to jump off and take a couple of pics once or twice unfortunately. Wish I hadn't partied the night before, so I could have gotten out around sunrise, instead of 10 a.m. Then I could have hiked a bit, and hit up the Hoover Dam. Maybe next time.



    The route was a big circle, out of town on I15 to Valley of Fire and back through Lake Meade Recreation area. After the highway bit, it was just so awesome. Kinda makes me want to move out west somewhere.
    The west is fucking amazing to ride in. And there's nothing better than a big ADV bike to chew up the miles to get to some of those places. Some of those roads in southern Utah, Colorado, Nevada, US1 in California of course. I was miserable riding through Washington because I was cold, but eve then, I remember thinking "I need to come back and take in this scenery."

    I'm lucky in that I enjoy the solitude of a long ride/ drive. It's cathartic, relaxing, ... almost like meditation to me. Charge my bluetooth receiver, charge my old phone (the one with the music) and go. Lose myself in the journey. Leave my worries, my troubles, my concerns behind me. Drown myself in whatever in listening to or whatever scenery is rushing by. I must have gone up to Hearst Castle three or four times, just to enjoy the roads.

    And I who struggles to sleep, sleep like a log when I ride/ drive anywhere far.


    Edit; Now I want to go somewhere. :/

  8. #1088
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,269
    The HD will have a name and a huge network of dealers all over the world.
    Still not convinced it will sell.

    Zero has been around almost 10 years now, but still a very small player.
    Expensive - probably double the cost of an equiv ice bike.
    Servicing and running costs are low.

  9. #1089
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,350
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    The west is fucking amazing to ride in. And there's nothing better than a big ADV bike to chew up the miles to get to some of those places. Some of those roads in southern Utah, Colorado, Nevada, US1 in California of course. I was miserable riding through Washington because I was cold, but eve then, I remember thinking "I need to come back and take in this scenery."

    I'm lucky in that I enjoy the solitude of a long ride/ drive. It's cathartic, relaxing, ... almost like meditation to me. Charge my bluetooth receiver, charge my old phone (the one with the music) and go. Lose myself in the journey. Leave my worries, my troubles, my concerns behind me. Drown myself in whatever in listening to or whatever scenery is rushing by. I must have gone up to Hearst Castle three or four times, just to enjoy the roads.

    And I who struggles to sleep, sleep like a log when I ride/ drive anywhere far.


    Edit; Now I want to go somewhere. :/
    Went to Moscow, Texas. Nothing of real interest there, much like the rest of my "round the world in the USA" destinations. But had a super good burger somewhere in the middle of nowhere on the way back.

  10. #1090
    Junior Potato
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,454
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Went to Moscow, Texas. Nothing of real interest there, much like the rest of my "round the world in the USA" destinations. But had a super good burger somewhere in the middle of nowhere on the way back.
    Hell yeah

    Now I want to go somewhere. Except it's 8pm and I've had a couple of whiskeys.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •