Page 119 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1213

Thread: Did we never make a motorcycle thread?

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Kansas City has good BBQ?

There isn't any good BBQ in Denver at all, but if you ever get over this way, give me a shout.
    Bet!

I'm glad we were finally and to meet up in person. I'm even more happy you enjoyed your sandwich!

Safe travels friend. And hit me up whenever you are in town!

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Sounds like a neat concept.
    It's mostly boring. Droning along on the highway to go take a picture, then droning along on the highway to go take another.

But helmet time/ road time is like therapy for me. I enjoy the solitude, the quiet, the company of my thoughts. I deafen myself with loud music and sing along tunelessly at the top of my voice. I usually sleep well when I travel. I'm mentally refreshed and my soul is untroubled, well, less troubled, at the end of the journey.

I enjoy stopping at local eateries though, getting myself a burger. Maybe a piece of pie. Many of these places are in the middle of nowhere, and the roads from one to another can be fantastic. Montreal MO to Manila AR for instance. There were some spectacular roads to traverse on that route, interesting sights ($100k worth of cars outside $80k worth of house; but I thought about it, and if you live in the middle of nowhere, it's important that your car be reliable. I saw lots of $60- $70k trucks for instance!)
    There was a time when I had no phone service and for some reason my navigation had stopped working. I had to navigate by stopping frequently to look at the map and make sure I was still en route to wherever. At one point state route 32 became SR 95, but on the map it had changed to 95, while on the road it still said 32. I had to trace the road to where it spit to realise that. For about ten minutes I was riding saying to myself "dude, i'm pretty sure you should have hit 95 by now." Stuff like that can make trips interesting. Making sure you fill up every time you stop. You could get lost and retracing your steps takes fuel.
    It was high 90s low 100s the entire time though. I should have been miserable. Thankfully my gear and set up keeps me adequately cool. I need a white helmet though.

If I had been working the last 3 months (less broke) and didn't have to be back in Dallas for an MRI yesterday I probably would have found some other destinations and things to see. Like the Iron Butt sign in Iowa. Or the biggest ball of twine since I was already in Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    I'm glad we were finally and to meet up in person. I'm even more happy you enjoyed your sandwich!

Safe travels friend. And hit me up whenever you are in town!
    Bet, my dude! We didn't even take a picture!!!!

We totally dropped the ball on that chance!!!

Lori and I have been talking about upgrading the motorcycle. My bro has a Honda NC750S. I took it for a couple of rides when I visited. I really liked it. Both Lori and I agreed we want something with more power. The Versys 300 is great in town and on side roads, but feels wrong riding it on the highway/interstate. More investigation is needed.

...Ducati?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Too pricey and unreliable.

Junior Potato
    An NC750 is a good baseline. A totally appropriate UJM. There are so many bikes in that category which flies right under the radar.

A quick and easy suggestion is a VFR800 from the 2000s. A bit older but there are heaps of them, so spares and prices will be easy and low. One of the best mile munchers ever made.

Comparing new bikes right now. Used bikes are subject to availability and condition.