Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122
Results 1,211 to 1,213 of 1213

Thread: Did we never make a motorcycle thread?

cycle trader.

New unregistered 2 year old Africa Twins were available for $10k or less. That was before the pandemic though. I havent looked lately.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    First sentence good.
    The second sentence, nutty.
    Why? It's not like there's a huge body of statistical information on motorcycle reliability out there. What information we do have has European motorcycle brands behind everyone else.

Most common problems? Electrical. Magneti Marelli isn't doing the electrical bits for Ducati anymore, and that predates VW ownership. My 2008 696 has a Siemens ECU. I know guys who have put tens of thousands of miles on Multistradas with no mechanical issues. Electrical, OTOH, has been a different story, in spite of Mitsubishi and Bosch electronics (depending on the year).

At the end of the day, I think that motorcycles are a lot like cars these days, where there aren't really any '80s or 90s bad' ones sold anymore, but the Japanese generally make the most reliable ones.

I got the Diavel out for a ride today - a rarity with winter here near the snowline.
    Was nice, nothing amazing but good to go down some quiet country roads. Saw an echidna which is always exciting.
    Now I just need to warm back up! And remember to dress a bit warmer next time.