Page 53 of 122 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Did we never make a motorcycle thread?

Junior Potato
    Yep. Pics, audio, videos, leg spread shots, the works.

Don't take any pics unless you've also taken off the rear license plate shovel and front fork reflectors.

Also I should probably tone down my "No New Bikes!" rhetoric: rumor has it that Triumph is developing a new Street Triple 800. If so and if the ergos check out, I will probably pull THAT trigger, Dockonomics be damned!
    Last edited by novicius; June 1st, 2016 at 04:54 AM.

800cc or not, I'd be surprised if there isn't a new Street Triple coming in the next two years.

Yep -- and I do like the current Streety, even with the Insecticon bug-eyes. But waiting to check out the new hotness makes good sense.

Here's hoping for 130 HP.

I'll see what I can do guys.

Also, the rear plate doohickey is going to be there a while.

And the front fork reflectors are bolted on, so I will need to figure out how I want to handle that.

Junior Potato
    Hacksaw, oxy-torch, baseball bat, hammer...

You know, the usual ways.

Junior Potato
    Serious post: my GSX-R lost its front reflectors pretty quickly. There's four bolts holding the mudguard on the sides, the reflectors being half of those. They just happen to match the thread on the other two, so I ordered a par of bolts off Suzuki and chucked them in. Thumbs up.

Jesus-titty-fucking-christ this engine is amazing. And quick shifting at 12rpm is unreal!

There was a Memorial Day sale on Inertia LED CAN BUS compatible LED turn signal bulbs, which seemed to be well reviewed by Web Bike World, so I ordered a pair.

They showed up today, and I installed them. They're quite a bit brighter than the factory bulbs, and pretty noticeable even in the daylight. The whole lens doesn't get lit up evenly, but it didn't with the factory incandescent bulbs either. I may make a comparison video when I get my Nexus 6 back.

How would a light bulb not be CAN bus compatible? Do they just need to have the same resistance as the standard bulb?

edit: never mind, read that review, I guess it does just mean they have a resistor in them. Unfortunately defeats the purpose for me, I was mostly looking for the reduced power draw from swapping to all LEDs to let me run a heated vest in addition to my gloves in the winter!
    Last edited by retsmah; June 4th, 2016 at 08:29 PM.