Page 98 of 122 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Did we never make a motorcycle thread?

Junior Potato

RACING

Damn right.

Changed my tires for another set of OEM takeoffs again last Thursday. 154XX miles.

I thought they were done at about 10k miles, but managed to squeeze another 5k odd out of them. I don't particularly like them as the quality (feel, noise, handling etc) deteriorates markedly once they're about 50% worn, but I get em cheap (just got another set for free this last Saturday) and the market seems to think I should be on knobby tires. No thanks. I'm using mine as a tall touring bike.

Otherwise she's running like a top.
    Averaging 48mpg.
    My last 10 tanks I averaged 53mpg.

My car averages 21mpg.

15k miles on a set of tires. I did good to pull 7k...

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    15k miles on a set of tires. I did good to pull 7k...
    Got 15k on the first set on the first bike too. That took 9 months, this took 5. Remember this me riding like a granny back and forth to work.

On one hand I wish I did the riding that would consume tires in 5k. On the other hand it's my money going into gas and tires (i've had to pay for shipping on more than one set!)
    Last edited by neanderthal; February 22nd, 2018 at 03:49 PM.

Meanwhile, my Pirelli Angel STs are probably going to age out before they wear out. 😐

Junior Potato
    I use Pirelli GTs and I get heaps out of them. They’re the more sporty cousin to the ST touring tyre.

Although my riding these days is less about trying to turn the local mountain ranges into a giant race track and more plain old commuting to work and doing the shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    Meanwhile, my Pirelli Angel STs are probably going to age out before they wear out. ��
    It was 6*C this morning in LA and the weather app said it felt like 2*C. Plus the windchill. I couldn't feel my fingertips when I got to work. And that was with me wearing my thicker winter gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    It was 6*C this morning in LA and the weather app said it felt like 2*C. Plus the windchill. I couldn't feel my fingertips when I got to work. And that was with me wearing my thicker winter gloves.
    7C is about my limit, and for anything more than my 15 mile commute in light traffic, I think I'd need heated gloves. I've tried heated grips, but the back of my hands/fingers still get cold on my naked bike. Don't think I could add Barkbusters since I've got bar end mirrors (factory mirrors were useless at showing anything directly behind me).

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    I use Pirelli GTs and I get heaps out of them. They’re the more sporty cousin to the ST touring tyre.
    The Angel GT? That's just the newer, improved version of/replacement for the Angel ST. My bike came out a year before the GT superseded the ST. Any STs left on shelves here are closeout stock in limited sizes. Those limited sizes, do however, include my 696's stock sizes for 33% less than a set of GTs.

I get down to 3C a few times a year. Mostly because it’s mid winter and I’m leaving for the beach around sunrise!
    Get to see the snowflake indicator warn me of possible black ice.
    Luckily it will only be that cold for a few minutes when I’m in a valley. By the time I’m at the beach it would be more like 10+C (and I’ll strip down to shorts and tshirt)
    I go winter gloves and thin inner liners. Also balaclava which goes down almost to chest at the front.
    Cold is not fun. I really wouldn’t want it to be that cold for a longer ride. Had it a few times, survivable but not why I have a bike!
    I do pity you guys in places that get below freezing, with a “bike season”.