Page 104 of 122 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1213

Thread: Did we never make a motorcycle thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    I'm very sorry to see this. To this day I have no memories of my accident

You won't be reimbursed for your gear. I tried my ass off, and I had 2k+ in gear when I went down. I hope you don't have any road rash, that's one area I completely avoided by the use of gear. I hear it's worse than a broken bone, and judging by my knowledge of anatomy, it should.

Stay ahead of your pain meds. Don't go for zero pain, go for tolerable. Eat a fuck ton of fiber, like 40+ grams a day. OIC, or opiod induced constipation, is worse than I can explain. Take it easy for the next few days. Do PT with an actual therapist, and push. You know what hurts from regular physical activity, it will be similar but much more intense. Don't create sharp pain.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm happy to help in whatever way I can, I am glad you are still among the mobile and cognizant.
    Cheers mate. I had no skin rash either.

I went out yesterday to buy stool softeners. I haven't crapped in four days. I took four of those pills already but nope, nada.

They've said they'll recompense me for whatever gear/ clothing was damaged, so i've submitted the list; windbreaker (55 quid,) helmet ($200,) jacket ($400,) backpack ($50) Polo ($30,) Jeans ($20,) compression shirt ($15,) long johns ($5,) and gloves ($30.) Fortunately she
    A admitted fault
    B confessed she looked at her phone and (not so fortunately)
    C rear ended me.

It's a slam dunk. But, insurance companies are worse than scrooge.

I have to get better about staying ahead of the pain. The prescription meds advise against driving so i take OTC ibuprofen in the morning before i go to therapy.

I've essentially been home all day yesterday and today. I took care of most of the logistics this past week, even scoped out a replacement Africa Twin (checked at four different shops.) So it'll be my third. Third time's a charm?

I just hate this part, where they seem to be dragging their feet.

Yeah. I know that feeling.

My accident happened the day I was going to register my bike. Because of the accident, it never got registered, and by proxy, I didn't "own" it. So insurance wouldn't pay it until it was registered. I even had to pay a late penalty for registration.

I feel kinda bad to the Bank that lent me the money, I fucking snapped when she asked about payment. Told her I was in a motorcycle accident, she asked if it was their asset involved in the crash. BOOM went the dynamite.

Everyone got payment as needed, but it was frustrating. Good luck bud.

Sorry man, hate to see a rider go down regardless of fault. Glad you're okay.

Oh, man. Sorry to hear of your troubles, neaderthal. Best wishes!

Yeah. I know that feeling.

My accident happened the day I was going to register my bike. Because of the accident, it never got registered, and by proxy, I didn't "own" it. So insurance wouldn't pay it until it was registered. I even had to pay a late penalty for registration.

I feel kinda bad to the Bank that lent me the money, I fucking snapped when she asked about payment. Told her I was in a motorcycle accident, she asked if it was their asset involved in the crash. BOOM went the dynamite.

Everyone got payment as needed, but it was frustrating. Good luck bud.
    Jesus what sort of dumb question was that. No, "oh, i'm sorry, are you ok?" Just the "was it our asset?" like they don't require you to have full coverage insurance when you finance. Yikes.

Thanks guys. Day by day.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Thing is, i'm paranoid about being struck from the rear. I was alone in the turn lanes and I didn't see her coming until the split second before I got hit.

My theory is that she looked down at her phone and drifted from the straight ahead lanes. She estimated her speed at 40MPH. And that is not a speed you go around a 90 degree corner in the wet.
    Yeah its hard to account for sheer stupidity.
    My accident was a lady driving onto wrong side of road - probably looking at phone!

Great to hear you are looking for a replacement, this shit can happen, but it shouldnt put you off doing something you truly enjoy.

And good luck with the battles ahead

Through a combination of reasons I've lost nearly all interest in motorcycling. The biggest one is that I just don't trust other people and don't feel young enough to just ignore it anymore. Ash wants to keep riding and camping off of it and stuff so we'll hang onto it a while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Jesus what sort of dumb question was that. No, "oh, i'm sorry, are you ok?" Just the "was it our asset?" like they don't require you to have full coverage insurance when you finance. Yikes.
    Yeah, she was pretty silent after I explained the situation and "you'll get you money once I can get someone to do the leg work while I'm in a wheelchair."

I don't ever treat people like that, but it was a shitty day And she pushed my jackass button.

Also, be very diligent on not becoming addicted to pain meds. I can function on a 5-6 out of ten pain scale, so if it didn't go over that, I didn't take any. I'd recommend learning when you NEED them, and ignoring them or supplementing with NSAIDs like you have already mentioned.

I was going to tell you something else of value, but I have forgotten. I'll try to remember and post.

Yeah, she was pretty silent after I explained the situation and "you'll get you money once I can get someone to do the leg work while I'm in a wheelchair."

I don't ever treat people like that, but it was a shitty day And she pushed my jackass button.

Also, be very diligent on not becoming addicted to pain meds. I can function on a 5-6 out of ten pain scale, so if it didn't go over that, I didn't take any. I'd recommend learning when you NEED them, and ignoring them or supplementing with NSAIDs like you have already mentioned.

I was going to tell you something else of value, but I have forgotten. I'll try to remember and post.
    You've told me enough bro. I think putting your humanity directly in front of her shook her from her "professional attitude" and she didn't know how to go forward.

---------

She emailed me a list of the items I submitted for reimbursement and the cost that I supplied and basically said 'where do I send this money?"