Page 112 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1213

Thread: Did we never make a motorcycle thread?

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    It's nice to think i've been to the Prada store/ exhibit in Marfa.
    I was staying and digging just outside Marfa for a little over month this summer. That Big Bend/TransPecos region is pretty great - by far my favorite part of Texas. Though Marfa itself is too damn expensive to deal with, I preferred Alpine personally.
    -Formerly Stabulator

So.
    My foot generally disapproves of much gallivanting. My friend in the Bay Area won't be available tomorrow. My foot said "hell no" to going to Portland, Seattle, or Canadastan.
    Fuck it. I still have some destinations up north California for my "around the world in the USA" tour; Brisbane, Nice, Exeter, and Timbuctoo. I guess i'll take it nice and easy up PCH, maybe catch Brisbane, then next day catch Nice, (up north somewhere,) Timbuctoo (north of Sacto) and Exeter (south east of Fresno) on my way back.

I lined up another set of free tires for my bike in Tucson but homie is flying the country Thursday evening, so I gotta leave super early on Thursday going back home. It's my fourth free set of tires and I never turn down free tires. I've paid a total of $170 for all the tires i've used on my bikes in 70XXX miles on my 3 Africa Twins. And I still have an unused set at home. If i'm smart i'll bag Baghdad in Arizona on the way. Slight detour, but it's just miles.

Did I mention I have prepaid maintenance for 3 years with unlimited milage? Maybe i'll go northeast after I get back home and start on the 21 states I haven't been to in the last year. Looks like North Dakota isn't going to happen on this go round. :/

Oh, I've been having these short, sharp pains in my back today. Just a second or two then they abate.

I'm stretching daily. Standing up for at least five minutes an hour if i'm riding, stretching at every gas stop, even occasionally adopting the racers tuck position, just to not keep my back in one position too long. No back pain on Friday or Saturday for the long rides. Chilled yesterday. Today I had about 3 hours riding (one hour to tire shop, wait two hours for that to happen, one hour to my cousins, hang out for 3 hours, and then an hour home) and that's when I noticed it; the final leg home.
    But, I also didn't take any medication today. I usually do, even with minimal issues like i'm having now.

I'll be taking medication tomorrow for sure.

I lived 25 years in California and didn't take Pacific Coast Highway much beyond Santa Barbara. Big mistake.

It's fucking gorgeous. You'll wanna stop and take pictures almost at every turn. Even shrouded in fog the drive ride was amazing. I did the lower part many times, usually going fora rugby game to Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo.

But Morro Bay, north. Amazing with a capital zing.

Currently in Ukiah where I stopped to get a nights sleep. Headed out to Nice in a few minutes.

Nice.
    Been a long while since Ive done the full LA to San Fran drive but I remember its spectacular and a fun drive.
    Enjoy!

Hustling down the I5 the other day, I stayed in the driving lane, moved left to pass, resumed my driving lane antics, and basically passed everybody coz they were driving slowly in the fast lane.
    Then, the next day, temps were 111*F- 117*F coming to Arizona. (43- 47*C.) I picked up a free set of tires in Tucson, but had to sit at a restaurant for a couple of hours just to recover from that mess. Had to stop every hour to drink water and wet my shirt and balaclava.

Traffic in Phoenix? Lanesplit all the way and no issues from drivers.

I find over 40C really tough going.
    I once rode home from beach in shorts. Got about 15 mins down the road and as I got away from the coast the temps rocketed. And I melted.
    "wind chill" works in reverse at those temps. I also worked out that its better to have covered skin. Thought my shins were going to melt and peel away.

Glad you enjoyed some nice lanesplitting - feels extra good value when the weather is hot/cold as you dont want to be stuck in traffic with the weather sucking.

I learned early on, anything over 90F being covered head to toe was Paramount for survival. The sun will melt you, and the heat will radiate off of the asphalt and concrete. It's brutal without being covered.

Yeah, it's around those temps speed doesn't help.

The only relief is right after having to stop, when all the sweat evaporates.

Who gives you free tires and why?