Page 52 of 122 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Did we never make a motorcycle thread?

You know me, I'm a miser -- but that is a fuckin' fine way to blow some dough, Tyler!

Junior Potato
    Check this shit out: Kiwi rider Bruce Anstey is racing a production Honda RC213V-S at the Isle of Man. Sounds like fun

http://www.amcn.com.au/news/1605/bru...v-s-at-iom-tt/

Cool

Planning an overnight riding trip with some friends the weekend of July 8, and decided I'd like to try something besides the cheap throw over saddlebags I have (which end up resting directly on my Monster's high-mount mufflers).

Since I'm cheap and like to live dangerously, I ordered a 30L Kappa WA401S roll bag duffel from an Italian seller on eBay. The shipping arrival estimate was June 20-27, so hopefully the messenger tortoise gets the order to the warehouse in a timely fashion.

Pack light.
    Are you camping or hotel?
    Is not camping then really you can get by with a change of undies and tshirt.
    I use a venturer rack and 60l bag. That does me for a week including covering for variable weather.
    I had a bit less space for 2 weeks around Europe!

Report in about the trip and how the bag goes.

Most likely hotel, and it'd probably only be 2 nights at most. This should let me use my smaller tank bag for things I might want to access during fuel stops.

I'm figuring I can also use this bag to replace my current gym bag when I ride in to the gym before work. I've been strapping a 34L backpack to my seat with cargo netting and straps. It works, but making sure the straps are tucked under the bag and ensuring that the top of the bag doesn't fold down and block my tail light are kind of annoying.

You may already be aware of this, but REI sells dry bags in a variety of sizes that are very similar to the bag you linked to, if for some reason it doesn't make it in time. The ones I got were a little less expensive I think, but had fewer attachments for tying them down.

In that photo of my bike I've got 35L (for a 20 degree sleeping bag and foam sleeping pad), 20L (for a tent and towel and I don't remember what else), and 8L (for a very complete tool set) bags strapped on the back.

Yes, I'd heard about them, but also heard that they tended to not be as durable/have as many tie downs as the bags designed for motorcycling.

If the bag doesn't make it in time (though the shipper did generate a tracking number today), I'll probably either use my throw over saddlebags (even though they partially rest on the mufflers) or just strap my backpack to the tail.

So, I now have a full titanium Akrapovic and the race unocked ecu...

Sound clips or it didn't happen.