Page 86 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Did we never make a motorcycle thread?

I always recommend taking the deal

A salvaged bike is a bitch to get rid of.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    That value seems pretty good, so the small data pool may be working in your favor. The cheapest used 2016 AT DCT I saw with mileage listed on Cycletrader was a 2016 with 3253 miles on it for $11,999. It's in a nearby Chicago suburb where low mileage isn't unusual, but again, limited data pool.
    A dude who was leaving the country had one for $9k a week ago. 2000 miles on it. I emailed him but it was gone already.

I have found a new one in Wisconsin, a 2016, for $118xx. I might do that and do a fly and drive.

I really, *really,* REALLY, R E A L L Y like the red, white, and blue colorway for 2017, but I like saving $3000 more. And the bike is fundamentally the same.
    Last edited by neanderthal; July 20th, 2017 at 12:26 PM.

Get that weak shit off my track

Nationwide Insurance Company of America has reviewed all the available information regarding your claim for damages to your 2016 HONDA AFRICA TWIN DIGITAL. We have determined that your vehicle is a total loss. A vehicle is deemed a total loss if it is not economical to repair the vehicle.
    In these circumstances, it is our responsibility to pay you the cost of a comparable vehicle, less your deductible.The amount shall also include all applicable taxes and required DMV fees. What you can expect We have determined the actual cash value for your vehicle based upon the current market. The breakdown of our settlement payment is as follows:
    CCC Analysis Value Report #: XXXXXXXX

The total loss settlement amount of your claim is:
    Actual Cash Value: $12,089.61
    Sales Tax: $1,118.29
    Prorated License Fees and other annual fees (VLF): $161.00
    DMV Transfer Fees: $15.00
    Salvage Certificate (if applicable): $N/A
    Less Salvage (if applicable): $N/A
    Less Sales Tax [SALES TAX]% $N/A
    Less Deductible (if applicable): $1,000.00
    Other Deductions: $N/A
    Net Total Loss Settlement to Vehicle Owner: $12,383.90

I will be retaining the loss vehicle This settlement offer is based upon you retaining the loss vehicle. Please know that if you retain the loss vehicle, notice of the salvage retention must be provided to the Department of Motor Vehicles which may affect the loss vehicle's future resale and/or insured value. Pursuant to Vehicle Code Section 11515(b), you must forward a properly endorsed Certificate of Ownership or other evidence of ownership to the Department of Motor Vehicles, along with the license plates and a $20.00 fee to the Department within ten days from the settlement of the loss. The Department will then issue a Salvage Certificate for the vehicle. You also have the right to seek a refund of the unused license fees from the Department of Motor Vehicles.

I will not be retaining the loss vehicle If you decide not to retain the vehicle, the salvage value, applicable related sales tax and salvage certificate will be added to the settlement offer for a total payment of $__________. The enclosed DMV forms and title must be signed and returned to me to allow transfer of ownership and complete your claim. My mailing address is ______________, ________________.Please advise as soon as practicable whether you wish to retain the loss vehicle or wish for Nationwide Insurance Company of America to retain the loss vehicle so that we can complete your claim and issue payment.

As a result of our settlement offer, please be advised that the company will discontinue paying for your rental car on: N/A Please be advised that if you are unable to locate a comparable vehicle for the amount of the settlement offer within 35 days from the receipt of the cash settlement for your damaged vehicle we will reopen your claim. If you wish to request that the file be reopened, please notify me by fax at XXX XXX-XXXX or by mail at the above address. Please address all faxes and mail to my attention, XXXX XXXXXX and refer to our claim number XXXXX-XX. Help when you need it If you have any questions or concerns about this claim, please feel free to contact me at the number listed below.

Sincerely,
    [Edited]
    Enclosures: CCC ValuescopeValuation Breakdown

For your protection, California law requires the following to appear on this form. Any person who knowingly presents a false or fraudulent claim for the payment of a loss is guilty of a crime and may be subject to fines and confinement in state prison.
    I got this in my email.

Is it me or does it imply that i'm keeping my bike and they are sending me a cheque, and that if I don't keep the bike they are going to send me a bigger cheque.

That's how it reads to me.
    Whoomah!

Yes, if you fill out the requisite forms you will get the $12,383.90 and the salvage value plus the sales tax and salvage certificate cost given to you. That said, they have not listed a salvage value, and listed "N/A" for the other items. So that extra value is a crapshoot for you at this time. Everything on that letter presumes you're keeping the bike, so they don't have to give you those values right now. Maybe if you ask. Also, when they say 'sales tax' they mean the salvage sales tax, not the $1K+ quoted earlier, that's a different line item.

I would wash my hands of it and let them keep the bike and pocket that extra rather than fuss with trying to sell the heap yourself.

That's odd. Maybe they just have no data to figure out a value of the salvage?

Reason why i posted it is because I understood they were writing it off completely and giving me a cheque (look at the sum!) for a comparable bike. It seems like they are. I also thought they'd take possession of the thing.
    But it seems like they also want to give me the salvage value for doing so. A one year old AT I guess is going to $1-2k in written off condition.

Question is, do i tell them "I think you've made a mistake" or do i say "whatcha do with my bike?" when they take it.

I've already authorised release for it to the salvage dept or whatever it's called.